Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I bulk buy household staples?

• 18-01-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

No not thems staples! I mean things like the big 5L of Fairy Liquid or bathroom hand-wash, the massive washing powder boxes, dishwasher tabs, catering rolls of tinfoil/cling film etc. etc.

- Makes a lot of sense to bulk buy and store all these and similar as they keep and tend to be rip off expensive in a weekly supermarket shop and at

I used to use Buylo in Shannon but they unfortunately closed down, I suppose I need to find a wholesaler that supplies restaurants, businesses or something???

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

musgraves if you know someone with a business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Raiser wrote: »
    No not thems staples! I mean things like the big 5L of Fairy Liquid or bathroom hand-wash, the massive washing powder boxes, dishwasher tabs, catering rolls of tinfoil/cling film etc. etc.

- Makes a lot of sense to bulk buy and store all these and similar as they keep and tend to be rip off expensive in a weekly supermarket shop and at

I used to use Buylo in Shannon but they unfortunately closed down, I suppose I need to find a wholesaler that supplies restaurants, businesses or something???

Thanks.

If you shared that infor with us earlier maybe they'd have more customers and would still be open ;)

We usually look out for 2 for the price of 1 or buy 2 get one free.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

try Mr price in the roxboro, they do great deals on bulk stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Co-op (or whatever they call it nowadays) is selling Coke/Cola in Bulk now! something like 50 million cans
    for a bargain price.

They were selling T-Bags in Huge bulk boxes too as well as Washing Powder
    and other household stuff like that.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

That indoor market out by Cratloe on Sundays is good for that stuff.
    Raiser wrote: »
    I used to use Buylo in Shannon but they unfortunately closed down

Didn't even realise:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Try the stall in the market on the top of ellen st, Heffo(sp) usually has the brand names in catering size for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

That indoor market out by Cratloe on Sundays is good for that stuff.

Is that re-opened there? It had moved to the Tipp Rd. Out near the rear of the Radisson Hotel (the old ball bearing factory)?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Its been a while since I've been there tbh and since I didn't even know that Buylo was closed, the place might very well be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Jagle wrote: »
    musgraves if you know someone with a business

Don't need a business pass anymore afaik.

Seem certain Musgraves did a flyer/catalogue drop in my area a year or so back offering bulk-buy products once you signed up.

** Keep in mind their shelf prices on non-food items might not include V.A.T.

Advertisement