Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills Swap??

• 18-01-2012 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know if there is such a thing as a practical skills swap type club or skills learning group in Wicklow.

I am NOT looking to add to the debate in the other thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Just wanted to know if there is such a thing as a practical skills swap type club or skills learning group in Wicklow.

I am NOT looking to add to the debate in the other thread.

Not that i know of but it does sound like a good idea. Can you let me know if you here of anything as I would be interested in this
    Cheers
    Gmol

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

I saw in the Greystones & Charlesland thread something about The Men's Shed.
    While it's not billed as a straight skills-swap it seems to me there would be ample opportunity to learn new skills as well as bringing something to the table yourself.
    Have a look in there.
    Also they have a facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/251004271635107/
    Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

toitle wrote: »
    I saw in the Greystones & Charlesland thread something about The Men's Shed.
    While it's not billed as a straight skills-swap it seems to me there would be ample opportunity to learn new skills as well as bringing something to the table yourself.
    Have a look in there.
    Also they have a facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/251004271635107/
    Hope this helps :)

Yeah that thread is where I got the idea.

I'm a woman so not really an option. But it would be something on the same lines I would be looking for. There are a couple of different course for individual subject learning but I was really looking for something a bit more informal and has a range of skills.

Again...I'm not looking to add to the issues raised in the above thread, I have no problem with the Men's shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Yeah that thread is where I got the idea.

I'm a woman so not really an option. But it would be something on the same lines I would be looking for. There are a couple of different course for individual subject learning but I was really looking for something a bit more informal and has a range of skills.

Again...I'm not looking to add to the issues raised in the above thread, I have no problem with the Men's shed.

Ah right,sorry,it was late when I posted,and I didn't fully read your OP.
    Apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I heard today about one being set up. It sounded interesting, a mixture between a LETS scheme and a time bank. I'll PM you a contact person's details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

i would be very interested in such a thing, could you let me know as well where such a group exists for me to get in touch.
    t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

i would be very interested in such a thing, could you let me know as well where such a group exists for me to get in touch.
    t
    me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

i was an artist in previous existance.
    could offer skills in teaching, maybe intro to basic materials for skills needed now in photography and computer digital art (photoshop) or intro to using a camcorder and editing.
    there you go, one started!!!:)

Advertisement