Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crc errors on dsl line

• 18-01-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

What's a lot of line errors ? I have roughly 15000 crc errors a day my snr margin is 12 and line attenuation is 43 I sync at 8mb and never drop connection. I also have a ping of roughly 30-40ms. But the crc errors do appear to be a bit excessive ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Does seem like a lot of CRC errors per day. Do you ever have issues with large downloads corrupting etc? It shouldn't really make a difference though if it does, looking at your internal wiring and removing any extra phone internal wiring (disconnecting extra extension sockets and cabling or using shorter extension leads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

CRC errors might effect your speed by reducing it slightly, but if everything looks OK, you don't have corrupted downloads or drop outs, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

In order to fix, they might have to scale your sync speed back a bit, which would slow you down. If you can live with it, might be better to keep the highest speed you can get.

Advertisement