Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are we there yet?..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

was bold today and didn't go to college.. i'll go tomorrow i promise...

went to the gym at lunch time and did a good circut. it wasn't very aerobic but more strengthening and toning. felt ok after, wasn't suffering too much in the legs (after the hills i had to run during that xcountry race at the weekend, it would take a lot to gt my legs to suffer :p) but think i may feel it tomorrow in my shoulders and arms...

went for an easy hour this eve, 8min miling pace, just enjoying the park and the company. happy out

went to the Nike Training Club class in DCU yesterday (its basically a circut class) and then went for a very easy 6miles in the evening. think will take a rest day today, have done a good bit of moving this week, but will see how the college work goes today, may need an active break

was back to the track today for some 400s (8x400x90sec recovery)

was kinda windy and had to do the session alone so it wasn't very pleasant mentally:
    75, 76, 76, 76, 76, 76, 76, 74.

I'd say if i was training with someone they could have been quicker but they weren't too bad. will go for an easy jog this eve and hopefully convince myself to do some core

so had planned today to do 13miles for my long run.. was terrified of the distance so we wnt ridic slow but felt comfortable the whole way and even gt faster in the 2nd half. felt i even had a few more miles in me when i was dne..

felt sorry for the poor guy with me.. had to puke twice on the run.. he'll think twice about going on the beer :p

went for an easy 3miles yesterday eve with the boyfriend and didn't feel too bad but was wrecked when i came home

today went for an easy hr (about 7.5miles) and will be going for an easy 40mins with himself this eve. think im gna have to start the ice bucket again (this is the name we have for a bin reserved just for icing - fill it with water, top it off with ice and stand in it) my legs feel a bit stale and think it could do no harm

• Advertisement

did the jog with himself.. defo need a rub down or ice bath

so did the same session as last tuesday, 7x600mx2min recovery.. i said last week that i thought id average 2.13 if i was to do them again.. well i did them a bit quicker than that...

times were:
    2.05, 2.07, 2.07, 2.05, 2.05, 2.07, 2.05

very happy camper

headed off for an easy run, wanted to do an hr but only managed 45mins... thought my calf was going to explode it was so sore!!! and all around my ankle :( all the miles of the past few days catching up on me

had the worst nights sleep ever last night! culdn gt to sleep then couldn stay asleep then woke at 6am and that was me awake.

so was up bright and early and went for a bit of a walk. then went to the nike training club in dcu (was harder than last week) then did a nice easy 8 miles this eve... and think i am going to go to bed cause i am wrecked. REST DAY TOMORROW!!! and i think for the first time EVER i am looking forward to it

it's been a while but went back to the 200m session today

4x3x200 30 sec recovery, 4.30 between sets. i had been doing 3x3x200 about 6 weeks ago to try and get the speed up but just went for the 3x4 today

1. 33, 33, 34, 34.
    2. 34, 34, 35, 35.
    3. 34, 35, 35, 34.

was ok, one thing i would say bout it was that i was always catching up with the one ahead of me in the last one of each set and i felt very strong then too. serious aerobic burn after though, nearly worse than after the x country race i did a couple of weeks ago! will do a very very easy half hr later with the mister

• Advertisement

between last sunday, yesterday and today I am becoming very freckletatstic.. but getting a bit of colour also (not red before anyone butts in :p) went for a different loop today, worked out as 12.5miles. felt ok, still have a few niggles sniffing around but got on with it anyways

felt awful running today. just didn't enjoy it at all, so only lasted 55mins :(

so i went to the gym to burn of some aggression.. and think i'll feel it tomorrow. my sister is an excellent sprinter and hurdler (those of you who follow sprinting would defo know her) and she does regular weights and circuts. twice a week she does what we call heavy weights (you get the gist from the title). now i don't know how to use half the machines in the gym so i stick to the free weights and body weight but i upped the kg a bit so i'm taking it as i did my equivalent of my sis' heavy weights session... (I wish, she could prob squat me at this stage :p) will c is there any damage when i wake up tomorrow ;)

it's that time of year again where we start hitting the polo grounds.. us and half the runners in Dublin, tis very busy.

6 x half laps(roughly) 2mins recovery.. felt really heavy and tired but plodded on. every single one was 1.24(so i'm consistent anyways) would usually go for a few miles with the boyfriend but he has an exam tomorrow so going tomorrow night instead.

tomorrow will be the gym plus a run. and im having a meeting with a woman who needed volunteers for her nutrition and health course so will be interested in seeing what changes i'll b making with her recommendations

did a tough gym session today, i actually failed on my press ups on the last set! but i recovered surprisingly well for my run this eve. was by myself but managed a very comfortable 8miles so was very happy after

had my nike training club class at lunch time and was REALLY feeling yesterdays gym session :( dnt think it did any harm to help loosen up though. did a hard run tonight, 7.9miles in 57.32mins, so was very happy with that. felt great

so we went out to santry with the plan of doing 4x200, 5min recovery, just to see where we were at. i did evry one of them in 30sec.. could have done another 2 in 30sec id say, and then they'd start to drop. think i can go faster after a few more speed sessions but thats where i'm at now. on a monday or a wednesday (whichever i have more time) i might do like 5x60m sprints after my run, just to start going fast again, or even 120s or something like that. did a half hr jog after, just to keep the miles up.

prob go for an easy jog with the boyfriend this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

roseybear wrote: »
    so we went out to santry with the plan of doing 4x200, 5min recovery, just to see where we were at. i did evry one of them in 30sec.. could have done another 2 in 30sec id say, and then they'd start to drop. think i can go faster after a few more speed sessions but thats where i'm at now. on a monday or a wednesday (whichever i have more time) i might do like 5x60m sprints after my run, just to start going fast again, or even 120s or something like that. did a half hr jog after, just to keep the miles up.

prob go for an easy jog with the boyfriend this eve
    Good going there with the 200s.
    Are you still aiming at 800m track?

Did a session of 150s in-out, then 30s, finishing with 120s last week - good one to kick start the speed development.

did an easy 9miles today, have a bita tendonitis me thinks! would explain the pain in my calf anyways :(

forgot to put in what i did yesterday

a lecture was cancelled so got to go to the gym earlier than expected. did a good session, felt easier than the same one next week so may need to up the reps or the weight...maybe the reps

then went for a really nice easy 8miles (ish). gt a bit wet but it was a nice eve otherwise. today is a bit thrown together as the group i train with usually on a tuesday are training in the morning so going to do the boyfriends session - 10x200 with a 150 jog recovery. will go down to the polo grounds to do this so wil just b roughly 200m

dna_leri wrote: »
    Good going there with the 200s.
    Are you still aiming at 800m track?

Did a session of 150s in-out, then 30s, finishing with 120s last week - good one to kick start the speed development.

no i'll definately b more towards the 1500 i think. I felt absolutely fine after those 200s, could have dne a few more, but the legs just wouldn't turn over any quicker, but that will come. intervarsity outdoors is approaching and wouldn't mind doing the 1500 in that (bit scary as i haven't done one since the intervarsity last yr) but im just waiting for a phonecall that i'm doing the steeple chase (dabbled a bit in the 400hurdles in 6th yr and did one steeple rase in the celtics)

• Advertisement

so went to the polo grounds and did 10x roughly 200, with between 65-75 second recovery. was grand, dnt think i could have done any more though

have a teaching assessment tomorrow (even though im doing nursing...?) so thought id skip the gym today to read over more stuff and gna go tomorrow evening after it. just went for an easy 8miles this eve, weather is horrible, but had company (thank god cause my legs were nackered) think might b doing a session tomorrow morn rather than a run, but will depend on the weather

had an absolutely shocking session this morning - 6xhalf laps of the polo grounds with 2 min recovery. they were all 1.30.. granted the wind was in our face for the last bit but my god i felt crap. slept rubbish last night which didn't help either. went to the gym on my way hme frm college and only lasted less then half of my planned session and called it a day, just felt so bad. in bed atm, will prob b lights off in 20mins

so went for a cycle yesterday... decided id cycle to my boyfriend house (about 12miles) and all was grand... gt half way and lost a pedal.. tried to put it back on.. 4 times.. and then when it fell off again i gave up and went the rest of the way with one pedal.. not fun.. no harm dne though

so this morning was out to santry for 3x4x200 30 sec recovery, 4 and a half mins between sets

1. 33, 34, 35, 34.
    2. 34, 34, 34, 34.
    3. 34, 35, 34, 34.

felt ok, just wanted to gt it dne. going for a really really really easy 40mins later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How'd your pedal fall off? :eek: did it just unscrew? :confused:

How'd your pedal fall off? :eek: did it just unscrew? :confused:

yup :mad: i got new ones a week or 2 ago, had an outing on the bike and gt a puncture. then yesterday (my 1st proper outing) the right one came off. stopped 4 times to screw it bck on then the last time i was only a few miles away so i just said f**k this and kept going witout it.. my boyfriend found it hilarious when i arrived at the door fffing and blinding telling him to burn my bike.. it is kinda funny now but at the time i was not impressed

so went for a ridic easy 50mins yesterday everning..

woke up this morn to find not only does my bike not have a right pedal, it now has a puncture..anyway..

went long this morning, felt like ages since iv dne a proper long one and was really feeling it after mile 8, but did just under 13 (12.8) and took 1hr39. felt great after to gt a good run in the legs but think i may have to take it easy tomorrow, have a feeling i may be suffering

monday i was on taxi duty, had to bring my sis out to santry, so just did a few laps and that was that.

tuesday i had a break frm college so figured i might just do a santry session... was very windy! did my 200s again, was tougher than saturday due to the weather and that i was by myself

1.32, 35, 34, 36
    2.34, 35, 34, 35
    3.34, 35, 34, 34

you can tell where the wind was at my bck and then against me :p
    did some sprints after, roughly a 120x1, 100x1, 80x1 and 60x3 with a walk back recovery

did an easy run today, just under 8 miles. and also had my first fall of the yr.. i usually have 2 falls a yr so thats number 1 dne and dusted with not too much ill effects.

was going to do a session tomorrow, but there may b a change in plan. i volunteered to take part in some exercise study that a masters student was doing in dcu. the main reason was because u get a dexa scan out of it which i would b interested in seeing. as part of the testing i would be required to get a lactate test dne, along with other bloods and vo2 testing. if the lab is free i'll b doing this on friday so have to take it easy = no session til i find out.

and think i will do a saturday long run instead of a sunday long run this week then, also most of my running group are involved in the great ireland run on sunday so if i want company for a run itl have to be saturday

• Advertisement

:( so im getting the lactate testing done tomorrow! took today as my rest day so im not going 7 days on the trot (i'd pay for that next week if i did). wish me luck :eek:

Advertisement