Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are we there yet?..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

gt the testing done, was a vo2 included too so that should be interesting

went to a trx class that evening which was good craic, and i went again this morn, so i'm expecting to wake up in pain tomorrow, just going for a run today, will aim for 10miles,will see how it goes

did my run saturday and sunday i did abso nothing cept veg on the couch and eat dominos

so monday.. decide ive 2 weeks left b4 my internship so for those 2 weeks im gna go hard and try shave off the extra bita wgt i put on during easter (F**k you lindt, cadburys and butlers)

today i went to the gym in the morn and worked the ass and legs.. still a bit tender frm the trx session (although i am recommending them to EVERYONE!!!) so didn want to do much else. then this eve i had volunteered for another vo2 max test - acto preferred this one as i was running for 3 mins at a time as opposed to 6mins like i did in last weeks one. feeling a cold brewing, my sis has currently been coughing up a lung for the past few days so hopefully i dnt gt that. she ran in leevale sports at the weekend, and won the 100mtrs in a new pb and the fastest irish womans time of the yr :D:D:D its also the 13th fastest time by an irish woman ever! so a very happy house here

today was round 2 of testing, it involved going on a vacum treadmill, which meant i could only walk cause it was so hard! they sneaky students didn tell me i would be getting an iv line put in and getting bloods taken every 5 mins :mad: but it was ok, i survived. will do it again on fri but without the vacum on..

really feeling the gym work frm yesterday (could be combined with the vo2 test i did after) but went for a run this eve and acto felt great. still a bit stiff but felt very strong.. the boyfriend wants to go for a half hr easy (he won his boxing match on saturday :D beat the intervarsity champion for his wgt division and it was only his 2nd ever fight :D:):P:D) so i may humor him just this once :pac:

abso wrecked today.. the boyfriend stayed last night and he was kinda coughing and snuffling, then when i woke this morn i felt really tired. kicked in about 10.30am, felt something brewing, took a berocca and battled on. felt something like a migraine coming in to (im blaming stress cause i have a big assignment due this week) so had to take something for that. just ran for 45mins easy today. my legs are still in bits frm the gym monday!! :eek: am due for another round of testing tomorrow, think it just involves running 20mins at a moderate level on the treadmill which is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Hi RB,

Hope the cold does not slow you down - you have been going well recently.

Will you get individual results from all your tests? Do you expect you will be able to use them to improve performance or training ?

• Advertisement

dna_leri wrote: »
    Hi RB,

Hope the cold does not slow you down - you have been going well recently.

Will you get individual results from all your tests? Do you expect you will be able to use them to improve performance or training ?

Yeh I'll b getting a print out of all the testing at the end. The one I'm doing with vacuum treadmill wnt really have much benefit to me, but the other one I'm doing will - it involves looking at lactate levels. So far what I know frm that test is that im training too much at a high level - 80% of my training should be under 150bpm and 20% high quality stuff, but I know that's not the case. The next two tests that im doing will c how my lactate levels are at sepcefic heart rates - if I can maintain my levels at certain heart rates it means that in theory I can run very far - which culd mean a possible change in event. Will have to sit down and look at all the results :)

so did the 2nd round of testing today, had to run 20mins on the treadmill at 13km/hr which was ok. what i'll have to do for the final part is the same again but i will be given some breathing techniques to try out while on the treadmill and will see is there any change. was feeling fairly dodge today though so didn run this eve, went up to the gym for bootcamp. acto did me the world of good, my legs were still feeling the gym frm monday when i decided to kill myself ha but they've loosened up now. going to a trx session again tomorrow :) still waiting for this cold r virus r watever it is to properly rear its head though :mad::(

friday - so had the 3rd round of the vaccum testing, was just walking on a treadmill for half an hr and getting more blood drawn :( theres not much blood left in me now :P ha. brought a friend for a jog, was 40mins but very slow. then went trx in the eve - love it soo much

today im doing short hills over at the magazine and then maybe a jog in the eve

had a very traumatic evening yesterday.. while i was on the way back frm walking the dog he decided to do a run when i had my back turned... 3 hrs later he turned up and i am no longer talking to him...

anyways, today was long run day, did 85mins, my cold is starting to break up a bit now, it still feels strange, like im fighting something bigger but i'll just keep taking the cough syrup and solpedine and itl b grand

i am offering a bounty for whoever can rid me of this dog.. im trying to ignore him after the incident at the weekend but he won't leave me alone....

anyway, yesterday eve an old friend was home for a week from swansea so wanted a jogging buddy- did a good 40mins

so today i decided i'd go trx in the morning and spinning in the eve, give the aul legs a break :) cold is starting to break up now, have to b very careful it doesn't spread to my chest - might start taking exputex to get all the gunk up before it's too late! have my 2nd last round of vaccum testing tomorrow, have another iv cannula to look forward too :(

• Advertisement

cold is really breaking up now, lots of gunk in my nose and some sitting in my chest. had another bit of blood taken out today for the vaccum testing and was feeling tired all day, even before i tested. so just went for a run this eve, acto did it slightly quicker than usual even though i didn't feel too great which im happy with.

went to trx today which was grand and then went for an easy half hr after.. have never been so scared running in the park in broad day light.. 2 trees fell in the space of 20mins.. the noise they made was epic though! wonder how they all got on at the graded tonight....dont envy them

had my final round of one of the tests im doing - today i had to run for 20mins but was to breath as deeply and as slowly as i could. in comparison with the 20mins last week, my heart rate stayed lower and my lactate levels were lower, which i though was interesting. was kinda hard to do the breathing with the nose piece and mouth piece in place.

went for a run this eve and felt great - 7miles in 52mins

did trx this eve and just an easy 5miler.. have an infected blister on my foot and OH MY GOD does it hurt.. :mad: f**k me..:(

duno what il b able for tomorrow, will head for the polo grounds anyway but duno if i will b able for it

couldn't keep my shoe on this morn so no running for me for a while.. or walking.. or anything else that involves putting shoes on... this blister is ridic sore, think il have to go to d-doc. i actually feel sick frm it, so defo an infection there. just gna feel sorry for myself for a while :(

so.. i felt absolutely horrible yesterday. just went to bed and slept for hours, i just felt septic! so took whatever drugs i could and headed over to the boyfriends house for him to mind me :( and this morning i decided f**k this, i need to do something.. the boyfriends dad is a doctor so we had some equipment around... out with the scalpel - goodbye blister. its still a bit infected looking but it is nt evn as close to how bad it was. im gna go for a run tomorrow regardless, i hate having done nothing all weekend except sleep and (over)eat.

so today i started my internship.. luckily the first week is just orientation so i dnt officially join the big bad working world (and the shift work that comes with it) until next monday.. but it started off with me not sleeping a wink last night, then sleeping through my alarm, arriving in, in what i thought was 20mins late to find out that my class had been told the wrong time and that we were not due in until 8.45, nt 7.45... was not impressed..

and decided to ignore the blister today and attempt a run.. it felt horrible :( but managed 6 miles.. theres still an infection in me, i can feel it, might b time to go for the antibiotics. tri ireland are recuiting atm and i had applied but i had no swim time. they emailed me today to tell me that i need a swim time to be considered so i went up after my run to do 400m. i thought it was an ok time and that it felt relatively easy and then i looked up the times they were expecting... i did it in 8.40.. they want half of that.. ah well, least my 3k time is right up there :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shoulda lied, with a bit of swim training(you don't do swim training, do you?) and in a pool with others you'd likely bring that down a bit. One of two technique tweaks even could seriously reduce your swim times.

Shoulda lied, with a bit of swim training(you don't do swim training, do you?) and in a pool with others you'd likely bring that down a bit. One of two technique tweaks even could seriously reduce your swim times.

bahaha no that was probably my first time in a pool in a yr lol. i was wondering why my pulse was so low after, was obviously i didn't push it. i think id have the potential but i dont know if i can really commit.. will see if i hear back from them anyway.. and in the meantime im interested in seeing what i can do in the pool.. may become a regular thing, just for a change of scenery

:mad: the poxy shin splits are back.. cause of the blister, im running and walking differently (mainly with a limp) and so the shin splints are making a bit of a return.. the return to the working world is also taking its toll and im feeling a bit whacked when im running but im hoping after a few weeks that il gt used to it again. when it rains it pours :( but at least i managed a run tonight, and it was actually 2mins quicker than when i did it last week

• Advertisement

didn't do anything yesterday (Wednesday) cause i was being lazy.. haven't done a proper session in ages and feeling abso wrecked after starting back work this week but went down to do a session tonight anyways. polo grounds, half laps with 2min recovery. felt horrible but managed the planned 6 and did them all in 1.27-1.28.. which is plodding but nt a complete disaster

didn't do anything friday except for my trx class - the instructor has decided he's going to do a 1 2 1 class with me at some point and abso kick my ass which im looking forward to

this morning went to the polo grounds and did 300s (8x300x90sec recovery). they were all done in 52-53 sec and i felt pretty good. much better than thurs night anyway. will go for an easy jog this eve with the bf

sunday i did a good 10miler, was mainly 7.20 pace, except the last few miles we dropped bck to pick up the stragglers for some moral support. monday i did abso nothing - had my first shift in temple street as an intern (woo im finally getting paid!!! :D) and i spent the day sitting on my backside as all the kids were gone out for the day. and then when i came home i ate everything in sight and went to bed...

today i was off so hit the polo grounds for some 600s (roughly) 6x600x2min recovery. we ran a bit longer than the previous time i did them but my times were the same - still plodding but at least im nt getting any slower.. not too happy about how iv dropped bck in them.. i was down to the low 1.20s but now im doing 1.28.. think its due to the 7lbs iv put on...maybe..:mad: iv been saying it for weeks but i really need to gt my act together with that.. when i finished my cool down my bf pulled up to do his session so i jogged a few miles with him, just to make up for my lack of moving yesterday. am bck in work tomorrow and going to have to force myself to go out when i gt home...

...anyone round at 9pm(ish) tomorrow to provide some moral support?? :(

didn't manage to convince myself to go out yesterdsy, evn though i did end up getting off a little early (bold roseybear). hit the gym this morn for bootcamp. it involved a lot of running which i wasn't too happy about (if i wanted to run id go training) but at least i was up and moving

ran this eve, think the lack of mileage this week has acto benefited me.. running sub 7.30 pace and feeling very comfortable. just cant let the miles slide too much though, with 5 days of shift work next week im really gna have to coax myself to go out..might write it down on sunday night what i think i HAVE TO DO next week..might help force me out the door

went for a good spin class this morn and the trx instructor was there.. took me aside to do some one to one stuff.. il feel it tomorrow. heading up to another class this eve, for my sins ha. heading to santry in the morn for a session

santry this morn, 3x3x200 with 1min btween (for a change)

1. 33, 32, 33
    2. 33, 32, 33
    3. 32, 32, 33.

bit windy on the 1st and 3rd of evry set but i felt good. think the drop in mileage is acto making things better, my runs are quicker too. will go for an easy 40mins with the boyfriend this eve to keep him company

slept abso crap last night so needed a bit of a lie in this morn. went out and did a decent 85mins myself after some gentle coaxing. not sure hw much il gt dne this week as i have 4 12 hr shifts and an 8 hr shift but will try :/

didn't do anything after work yesterday, was off today and didn't gt outa bed til 2pm :O and i ate everything in site when i did get up.. so feeling pretty crappy now. went out and did a good run though (just under 90min) and heading up for trx class now so that'll make up for my disastorous day today.. a bit

didn't do anything after work yesterday. walked in to work today (a good 45min) and was on a short day so was finished at 4, which meant i could get a good run in... did the same run as tuesday but i was far more tired today (had a very emotional couple of days, bita trouble at home) so it took 90mins. still a decent enough pace but didn't feel as comfortable. think will go spinning in the morning and trx in the evening tomorrow... r i may just go for a run, am in work 7.30am til 8.15pm sat and sun so would like to get some mileage done tomorrow if im able for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

When are you planning your first race of the season? Must be nearly time to jump back in there.

Advertisement