Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are we there yet?..

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

dna_leri wrote: »
    When are you planning your first race of the season? Must be nearly time to jump back in there.

i just started my nursing internship so don't really know when that will be - i'm working shift work and its different every week so it's hard to work things out. finding it hard to even gt a run in at the moment nvr mind a race! so will c hw things go, would like to have the day off the day before a race as 12hr shifts on ur feet are not great for the legs :/ might gt a league in somewhere, couldn't do tonights or the aai games because i was working..

have a couple of days to catch up on! friday i went spinning and trx, saturday i was in work so did a ridic easy 4miles wit the fella that night, sunday was working again but the bf needed to do a session so i went to the polo grounds and did some laps. monday i was off and very tired - stayed in bed til 2pm which i NEVER do :O but went for a nice 12miles when i did gt up and felt good. did an easy trx session that night. tuesday night the bf needed a repeat of sunday so off to the polo grounds again and then today (wed) i jogged in to work (just under 4 miles - running at 6.30am is far easier than 6am!!!) and then walked home. tomorrow i have another early day off from work so will hopefully gt a good run in or maybe a session..will c whos round and hw im feeling. friday i'll hopefully run in to work again and then FINALLY i gt 2 days off work - so wil get a session dne saturday and a nice long run sunday :) its been a couple of weeks since iv had more than 1 day off at a time frm work so i can not wait

thurs ended up doing nothing and friday i ran the 3 miles in to work and walked home.. was absolutely wrecked!! so had a lie in this morn and just did a run. tomorrow il do another run or might do a session with the bf, will c what he has planned

so sunday, went for a run, not as long as saturday but was decent enough. i abso love running in the heat so really enjoyed it. monday was in work and had a very rough day emotionally. this was still affecting me tuesday but i went the polo grounds with the bf and we did 2x8x150 with a min recovery. wasn't too tough but was good to quicken up the legs a bit, haven't done a session or anything remotely like a session in a while. after that i came home and wallowed in self pity (due to monday) and drowned my sorrows in cake.. big mistake..

so today i went for a long run - slower than usual but i enjoyed it- and went trx - been a week since i went to that and i was getting withdrawals. going to run in to work in the morn, might convince myself to do a couple of miles when i gt home to bring me closer to the 900 mark on the 1000mile challenge, but will c how tomorrow goes first

so i did manage to run in to work, like i said id try do. then the next day i did a spin class, an easy run and a trx class. saturday i did nothing, sunday i ran in to work and did an easy half hr after with the bf, monday was exactly the same and then today i did the bf's session (12x1min hard, 1min off). ended up basically being 12x350 with 1min recovery. was not nice bt was good to get bck to doing sessions again. might go for a bit of a jog later

• Advertisement

wednesday i wasn't feeling great, didn't sleep or eat well so felt absolutely horrible on my run. did the full run but had to stop a number of times and it was very slow. thurs i ran in to work, friday i didn't do a tap then saturday i ran in to work and jogged easy with the bf after. today i did a good long run. although im keeping the mileage up and am still fit, am definitely losing the fitness that u gt from intervals..may try do a decent session tues and sat of next week as am off work those days

mon - run in to work
    tues - 8x300x90sec recovery- very good session
    wed - run in to work
    thurs - nothing
    fri - run in to work
    sat- long run plus easy run with bf

nearly at the 1000mile mark!!!

did 10x200with 100m recovery at the polo grounds. hadn planned on doing anything so had no watch with me but they were fairly nippy

Been a while since I checked in here! Have basically just been doing runs since I last commented here. Runnin in to work and on my days off doing a long run. Am on annual leave for 2 weeks so have decided to take the foot off the pedal a little, been at it for nearly a yr now and dont see me slowing down over the next year so may aswell take a break now. Kinda losing the want a bit too so hopefully this will help. Heading to Portugal tomorrow for 6 nights so hopefully when I come bck il want to put the head down again.

In a random bit of information, I'm thinking of joining the cadets... Looking in to it a bit

so, nothing really new happened when i gt bck frm portugal, still doing the runs in to work and the odd long run here and there. decided need a change so i gt myself a new coach :) the plan is to start frm scratch and give the 800 a proper go (this might change to 1500 but will c how it goes). started at the weekend with just 40mins easy on saturday. sunday was a 2mile timed run, just t c where i was at (did a 2mile loop in the park that is apparantly a well known route to runners, start at american ambassadors, dwn by the kyber, round the cricket pitches and bck dwn the main rd). did btr than the time he had in mind, so have a good bass level of fitness, but nt that great. plan for this week is 30mins easy today, circut tomorrow, fartlek wed and rest thurs. on nights this week (my first ever ones!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:) i actually think they might suit me though.. will c hw it goes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

roseybear wrote: »
    sunday was a 2mile timed run, just t c where i was at (did a 2mile loop in the park that is apparantly a well known route to runners, start at american ambassadors, dwn by the kyber, round the cricket pitches and bck dwn the main rd). did btr than the time he had in mind, so have a good bass level of fitness, but nt that great. plan for this week is 30mins easy today, circut tomorrow, fartlek wed and rest thurs. on nights this week (my first ever ones!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:) i actually think they might suit me though.. will c hw it goes

Fcking hate that route. We continue on up Chesterfield ave down to Furze road an back up to the Ambassadors/Papal cross (all in by the trails). Every Thursday. Twice. Ugh.

Good luck with the nights, I assume you're doing nursing. Nights are when all the crazies go crazy I'm told. :D

Fcking hate that route. We continue on up Chesterfield ave down to Furze road an back up to the Ambassadors/Papal cross (all in by the trails). Every Thursday. Twice. Ugh.

Good luck with the nights, I assume you're doing nursing. Nights are when all the crazies go crazy I'm told. :D

My new longest run will b 6 miles.. Which will b strange for me, my 1000mile recording will decrease a lot id say. Ah well, gt to trust the coach right? And i didnt mine the loop that much, bit deceptive though. Yup nursing is right!

So, did the recovery run and did my circuit yesterday when I gt in after the night shift. Had an early break tonight so reckon I will b quite tired at the end of the shift so thinkin I might do the Fartlek a little later rather than straight after work as I had planned.. Will c, still have 3 hrs left on the shift :(

did the fartlek, 2x3x30sec on, 30 sec off with 5mins btween sets. was harder than i thought it would be but doable. was on a rest day thurs then today was just an easy 25-30mins. tomorrow is a circut, sunday that 2 mile loop again in roughly the same time as last week but focusing on form and then monday will b another easy 25-30mins. survived the night shifts so now iv t try gt bck on day time again

so did my circut on saturday (was 6sets with 8 reps of each exercise) did the 2mile run sunday and gt lashed on and the park was soo mucky so it was hard to keep the form but i tried anyways. monday was just a jog which was fine and did some core too. tuesday i was in work so i ran home and did my circut (was wrecked). was 6 sets with 10 reps this time. today was fartlek again, 2x3x60sec on 60sec off with 5mins between, was pretty ok. went and played basketball with the doctors in temple street this eve and am wrecked after! think i might use that instead of one of my jogs in the future, was tough enough :O tomorrow is a jog and then i have to do another circut and another 2miler in the rest of the days, taking a day off somewhere. so am managing to get some structured training in which im delighted about

took friday as my day off so did my circut saturday and the 2mile loop under coach's eye on sunday. wanted it 15 seconds quicker than the 1st time i did it which i didn think was possible cause i haven't been sleeping recently and was feeling crap but i did it which i was delighted about! yesterday was just an easy jog and this eve im heading to the gym in santry so coach can c me do my circut. tomorrow will be my fartlek session, thurs will b a jog and because im working this weekend im going to do my 2mile loop on friday this week. then take either saturday r sunday off and do my circut on either thurs or one the days at the weekend

so i've been doing the same routine every week in august. things r going well so gna add in another variation of session, think it will be 600m reps of some description. was supposed to do it today but unfortunately ive come dwn with some sort of viral infection so going to take it easy this weekend and aim for monday!

I havent gne anywhere!! Still trucking away. Was sick with my throat for a coupl of days and then had a 24hr tummy bug but all good. Started 600s once a week to join my 2 circuits, 2mile run, jog and Fartlek. I do them down at the zoo, If u start on the main rd at thE entrance to the zoo, and run around to the Garda headquarters side entrance to the zoo it's 600 (there's a tree that marks the 600 point). First time was 3 with 2 min recovery, next week was 2x2 with 5min btween sets and this week is 1x2and 1x3.. They are horrible but gta b dne. I'm getting a bit bold with my circuits, need to gt more disciPlined with them. But my 2mile run is getting btr, the first time was 13.34 and last weekend was 12.56. Can relax a bit this week cause nt working too much but have a jammed week next week so am expecting I'l b wrecked :(

ok so had a sit down with coach yesterday and just reviewed where we're at. the fact that im actually gtting the work dne im happy with hw things are. so going to b hitting the track a bit soon, waitin for him to send me the full schedule in the next day or so. ive decided that for october im gna try and gt in to good eating habits. feel that im doing the training that i need to do, so thats ok, but im nt fueling my body hw i should b and the lack of mileage im doing is resulting in an increasing reading on the scales :mad: so that will be my challenge for the mnth! have 4 more weeks on the ward im on atm (which is the busiest ward iv evr been on, and thats saying something!!!) and then im on to my last ward as a student ever!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: so scary to think im that close to finishing! and that im that close to racing season :eek: what have i let myself in for :P

i also need to join a gym now cause im going to need a squat rack..which is something not available to me atm.. needs to be a late night gym cause i usually do my circuits after work and would also need to be close enough to griffith ave.. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm still going strong!! Just had a down week so didn do too much at all. I know have a few sessions that i rotate between. Every week I'm to do either 600s r 400s for one session 3 with a long recovery to get moving a bit snappier. The 2 mile loop or the 2 mile loop but running 2mins on 2mins off and then Fartlek for either 30secs r a min OR I do it on the track, stride the bends jog the taught a r vice verses. I then do 2 circuits a week, one a speed one which is 6x6 and the other a normal one so is 6x10. Then jog once a week and rest once a week. And that's that. I dnt feel that I'm improving as much as I should be but I'm nursing and the hrs and the work is bound to make it harder to improve, I'm just glad I'm trying!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement