Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newb: how long do you sanitise?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

hi

newbie stuff here

i got vwp with my starter kit and it says leave for 1-3 hrs, do i need to leave it that long?
    i tried to look up on it but it seems a lot of products are left for 5 mins!
    after slooshing around a bit, i couldnt see vwp specific instructions,

i'd love a prompt answer, it my first time and i'd like to prep the beer tonight!

thanks a mil

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If in doubt, follow the instructions, I suppose. I've never used VWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭fourmations

sorry all

severe case or YTFM!
    there are two sets of instructions on the tub
    i read that the wrong ones and discovered the other side of the tub
    since posting this!

apologies...mods, do your thing

hey at least i got my first post on Home brewing out of the away! :rolleyes:

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭covey09

30 seconds surface contact or RTFM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I made up about 4 litres of VWP, let the tap sit in that for a few minutes, then attached the tap to the fermenter, threw the 4 litres in, spoon in and lid on, sloshed it all over the insides, let it sit for 5 minutes, then ran the sanitising solution out through the tap, and did the same all again with water (bar rinsing tap separately) to rinse. Worked fine.

Advertisement