Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres on a slurry tank

• 18-01-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just looking for advice. I presently have air plane tyres on a 1100 gallons major tank. but with the way the weather is coming these years they just aren't enough and marking the land. Would anyone have any suggestions on what size tyre or what type would fit on to a six stud axle that would hopefully stop marking my land and allow me to travel in wet patches a bit better? any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

p12 wrote: »
    Just looking for advice. I presently have air plane tyres on a 1100 gallons major tank. but with the way the weather is coming these years they just aren't enough and marking the land. Would anyone have any suggestions on what size tyre or what type would fit on to a six stud axle that would hopefully stop marking my land and allow me to travel in wet patches a bit better? any help would be great

picture.php?albumid=1565&pictureid=8630

22 inches wide and 80% rubber on them. Cost Eur750 - inc moving and welding the centres to fit my 1100g 6 stud Major tank.

I have to say its a revelation. It will almost float! Best money I ever spent. I can go out at any time of year with it and it never leaves a track.

Search donedeal for "tanker wheels" and you will find the guy that I bought them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 p12

they are some job lad. is the crowd that did it for you called agrigear? were they able to deliver them to you or did you have to take the tanker up to get them fitted?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Try a combine breaker for an axle and wheels, might be a bit wide on the road, but you could turn the rims around and maybe shave a few inches.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

I have two 30.5r 32 tyres for sale and just seen your post. In as new condition at a reasonable price. PM me if your interested.

Advertisement