Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Alteration

Options
  • 18-01-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hey all,

I had a look through previous threads but they were pretty outdated and not too specific.

Just looking for recommendations of places to get a suit altered to fit. I'm not in any great hurry, just trying to be prepared! (for once ;))

I've noticed shops such as David Young tailor's on St.Francis and "Stitches" on Eyre street (think there might be another place on Lower Abbeygate Strret?? not sure) but I have no idea how good or bad they are.

Anyone have any experience with those shops or any other shops in Galway city.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Exactly what kind of alterations are you looking for? Do you want the trousers hemmed or more complex work such as re-lining, taking-in or letting-out a jacket?

A great tailor I've used is Wieslaw, on Middle Street, he's up a stairs beside the Augustinian. He doesn't have much English but if you can mime what you want its easy to get across what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I was looking for suit jacket alterations, did'nt really know what needed to be done to it myself!

I still wasn't sure where to go so I just stumbled into a man's clothes shop in Woodquay and he recommended a shop called "The Zipyard" on Merchants Rd. She quoted E25 to take in the back and sides a little so we'l see how it goes!

Thanks for your reply anyway!

Advertisement