Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 stroke.. V..4 stroke

• 18-01-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi guys, a quick question on opinions please, on a 15hp yamaha 2stroke or a heavier 4 stroke version, both four years old, manual with a tiller, l/s,
    will be mostly on lochs, and the odd inshore trip,
    any personal experience of these two models would be most welcome.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Martin I don't now much about the yamaha's but I like the two strokes as they are handy to repair, lighter, quicker takeoff and I know the engine is getting oil. I think the two strokes are been phased and in time the four strokes will be all you can get :rolleyes:

Here is a test on a 40hp yamaha 2 v 4, in the end the choice yours if you have to lift the engine off the boat and carry it go for the two stroke :D

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/features/2008/2-stroke-v-4-stroke-10757

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

2 strokes are much much simpler engines, easy to fix most things with a vice grip, screw driver, plug spanner and a hammer:D. They are much lighter but on the downside they are noisier, rattle more and dont have the economy, comfort or rev range(2 stroke is either ticking over or full rev), of the 4 stroke. They are also cheaper.

Advertisement