Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do next TTC at 40

Options
  • 18-01-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

we have been TTC for about 1 year now with a few months break in the middle. I have 2 children already (6 and 4) and am just turned 40. i had a MC in between the 2 kids and another one after about 1 year ago. I use the OPK and chart my temps etc and think i am doing everything right. My cycles are fine, but i want to know where do i go from here? Visit my GP? I definitely dont want to go on IVF so anything up to that point really i will try and if it dosent work well then decision made. Any advice?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd start with a GP referral to the fertility clinic. In my case, (I'm 36) they put me on a low dose of Clomid to give my ovaries a bit of an extra help - it can make ovulation and the egg stronger.

I was moving onto IUI if 3 cycles of ovulation induction didnt work but
    it worked for me on the third cycle - I got pregnant with twins but sadly lost one. The other is currently almost 24 weeks and kicking up a storm.

I was two years trying and everything checked out fine so I dont know what it was. I suspect we both had fertility in maybe the low end of the normal range - me with age and him because he smokes and drinks up to the max units a week.

We were prepared to go all the way into IVF terrain if we needed to. However, this is our first child so maybe its different when you already have children.

The very best of luck on your ttc journey - I hope its a short one! :)

Advertisement