Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying iPhone 4s from mate, if he fails to pay bill will it be blocked?

• 18-01-2012 10:41pm

Hey guys

A friend of mine wants to sell his iPhone 4s as he is leaving the country.

I would like to buy it off him, I think he is still in contract but he won't admit it.

My question is, if I buy it off him and he fails to pay the bill, will 3 then block the iPhone via the IMEI etc.

Or is there any other kinda way around it in advance to make sure it doesn't become an expensive paperweight.

Note, I'm not saying I'm going to buy it as I don't want to be handling stolen goods, stung with the bill or anything along those lines, just wanted to check what your thoughts were.

Cheers
    Spy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

Happened to a friend of mine that got an o2 one a few years back. Only found out the story after about a month or two and not a thing he could do about it. I'd leave it TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yes, it'll also be locked to 3 and is not unlock able
    It will be an expensive paperweight.
    If the phone was unlocked it would be a different story, it would be usable on networks outside ireland

Yea, grand, I'm good with JB'ing, unlocking and all that jazz...but don't want to mess with IMEI etc

Or accidentally click upgrade and end up blocking it.

But just so I know, theres no other way round it in advance to stop it being blocked by the network?

No, they will blacklist the imei unless the contract is paid out

No, they will blacklist the imei unless the contract is paid out
    Grand cheers. I'll stay well away then. Good to know though, so people can't get away with their responsibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Grand cheers. I'll stay well away then. Good to know though, so people can't get away with their responsibilities.

Can you take over the bill for the remaining period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Some friend if you can't trust him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

ask him/find out whats left on bill,pay it and deduct from whatever price you agree on phone.( i would not be calling him "mate" either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

If possible, Ask him to pay to get it unlocked

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would like to buy it off him, I think he is still in contract but he won't admit it.

If he's not still in contract, then he can have it unlocked.

If he can show it to you working on a different network, then that should prove it or not?

• Advertisement

Unlocked or not, If it gets blacklisted it will still not work on most networks(in Ireland anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unlocked or not, If it gets blacklisted it will still not work on most networks(in Ireland anyway)

Would his phone be blacklisted if he's out of contract?

No

Yea, the fu*ker told me today he is still in contract....will just leave it, thanks for the advice all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 JayoMac32

Meteor wont blacklist the handset. FACT

Advertisement