Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant I have my chips on a plate!?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

As the title says, in the restaurant I asked the dinner lady to put my chips(and gravy) on a plate instead of that tiny bowl and when I went to pay the cashier lady(rudely) told me that next time my chips should be in a bowl!? :confused::confused::confused: Like why can't I have my chips on plate instead of your tiny little bowls....... UCD even is trying to rip me off a few chips....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I stopped going there after they got pissy for me using a flask for some tea. To be honest you would not be missing much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

The main restaurant is ****e in every respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The water isn't nice... and it's the only place I can get water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The water isn't nice... and it's the only place I can get water

The water in most of UCD isn't great. The water in Quinn is worse. Library water is slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

School of Computer Science has water fountains on the first and second floor.

• Advertisement

The eng building has them too, just inside every corridor off the main concourse area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So does Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Restaurant water is disgustingly warm, and the pressure drops to a trickle if someone else uses the adjoining tap. Eng water is grand, just let it run a bit.

On the chips/plate debate. I managed to get Sausages & Chips on a plate. So just ask for sausage & chips, change your mind about the sausages after the chips hit the plate, then ask for gravy. Just ignore the charming customer service representatives at the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I miss water from the Hub... it was the nicest in UCD... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I miss water from the Hub... it was the nicest in UCD... :(

CS water is the best, and it's freezing cold :D

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    CS water is the best, and it's freezing cold :D

True, pity you have to go into the CS building to get it though.

Advertisement