Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Onkyo HTS3405 HMDI Issue

• 18-01-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I recently got an Onkyo HTS3405 amp and speakers. Its great except for one problem. Its seems every now and then the HDMI/PCM will flash and loose signal from the source. It will happen for a few seconds then come back on but will continue to loose signal. This has happened Two times since I got it. It got to a point tonight whilst watching a movie that I just had to turn it off.

I have tried to google the issue and can not find a fix.

Is it a handshake problem between the amp and the sources :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Could be...what is the source or sources if more than one, what media is being played, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Could be...what is the source or sources if more than one, what media is being played, etc...

Hi Eddiem74

Thanks for the reply. The source I'm using is a media player which is plugged in HDMI No1 slot (BD/DVD). I did read online that there could be issues regarding that. I will try to switch the media player to another source on the amp and see how that works.

P.S. I'm using .mkv & .avi files and it happens with both :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

The HDMI board is bunched. It's a well known problem with Onkyo AV receivers. Happened to my own 606. It works with most HDMI inputs, but with Sky HD or my MacBook pro, it does what you're describing. It will get worse over time.

Search AV Forums and you'll find hundreds of people with the same issue. If you're not too long out of warranty, apparently Onkyo will replace the board.

It's a shame, my 606 works beautifully with every other device bar the two I've mentioned above.

Replaced it just this week with a Denon 1912.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

visionary p how do you like the denon i am thinking of getting one any noticeable difference in sound between the denon and onkyo

Advertisement