If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HTS3405 HMDI Issue

Options
  • 18-01-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I recently got an Onkyo HTS3405 amp and speakers from the guys at Richer Sounds. Its great except for one problem. Its seems every now and then the HDMI/PCM will flash and loose signal from the source. It will happen for a few seconds then come back on but will continue to loose signal. This has happened Two times since I got it. It got to a point tonight whilst watching a movie that I just had to turn it off.

I have tried to google the issue and can not find a fix.

Is it a handshake problem between the amp and the sources :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Luckycharms,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Is the source your using a blu-ray player?? Could very well be a hand shake issue. If you have any other HDMI sources there it could be worth while trying them in that input to see if they get the same issue.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for ya.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi Luckycharms,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Is the source your using a blu-ray player?? Could very well be a hand shake issue. If you have any other HDMI sources there it could be worth while trying them in that input to see if they get the same issue.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for ya.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. The source I'm using is a media player which is plugged in HDMI No1 slot (BD/DVD). I did read online that there could be issues regarding that. I will try to switch the media player to another source on the amp and see how that works.

P.S. I'm using .mkv & .avi files and it happens with both :(

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Keep me posted on switching the sources over. I'll do a bit of digging to see if I can find any solutions.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.