Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Wardens Greystones

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

The biggest responsibility we all have to the town is that the towns businesses survive. Nobody wants the town clogged with all day parkers and we need control. However there is something decidedly wrong with these characters hanging around a vehicle waiting for someone to make a mistake.

If this is happening it is pretty sh!tty thing to do.

However, I have to say I've always found the traffic wardens in Greystones to be very reasonable. I mostly am on time getting back to my car but I have at times been out by a few mins (less then 10 mins) and have never recieved a ticket. A couple of these times I've passed the warden on the way to the car and still no ticket so really I highly doubt this is actually happening or at very least what you may have seen was the warden dealing with a repeat offender.

What ever about anything I can't see where nanny state or PCness comes into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Zelkova

Jimjay wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying but if I buy a ticket I make sure I have enough time on it to do what I have to do, I then make sure I am back before the time runs out.

The worst thing I find on the main street, being a van driver, is cars parked in the loading bays which are meant to be commercial only. I wish the traffic wardens would put a stop to this.

Actually they do, I inadvertently parked in a loading bay outside the half-built shops down from Fenton's, early one saturday. Fined €40 for the privilege, I know i was stupid but I can imagine the glee on the <<snip>> face as he stuck the fine above the parking ticket i had paid for.
    Felt sorry for the car behind me that had obviously followed my cue and was slapped with the penalty also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

THe worst thing i find about the loading bays is the van drivers making "deliveries" to paddy power, insomnia, ladbrokes, the burnaby and jokers.

Not necessarily in that order mind you....

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Zelkova wrote: »
    Actually they do, I inadvertently parked in a loading bay outside the half-built shops down from Fenton's, early one saturday. Fined €40 for the privilege, I know i was stupid but I can imagine the glee on the <<snip>> face as he stuck the fine above the parking ticket i had paid for.
    Felt sorry for the car behind me that had obviously followed my cue and was slapped with the penalty also

One of my mates pulled into park just outside the library and at the time he did realize it was a loading bay becuase there was a van parked over the loading bay print on the road. The warden was standing just up the road and seen him pull in. He got out of the car a went to go pay for parking (as you do) and walked past the warden on his way. Paid for the parking and walked passed the warden again and put the ticket in the car(warden watched him do all this). He went into the library and about 5-10mins later one of the library staff came up to him an asked "is that your car out there with the parking ticket on it?" he went on out to be greeted with a €40 fine for parking in a loading bay.
    Now he fully understood that he was in the wrong by parking in a loading bay(unknown to him at the time) but would it have been that hard for the warden to just say to him "sorry that's a loading bay", like seriously are they that strapped for cash?

Anyway he refused to pay the fine(just out of principle of what the warden did). Contacted the council(they did nothing), they sent him onto some place in lucan and he explained everything that happened and they eventually let him off paying the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

stevenf17 wrote: »
    One of my mates pulled into park just outside the library and at the time he did realize it was a loading bay becuase there was a van parked over the loading bay print on the road.
    Most loading bays I've seen have the words "LOADING" written along the outer edge at regular intervals, plus there's usually a sign on a nearby lamp post as well, so that's not really a credible excuse IMO.

See http://g.co/maps/xfttt for an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

best place to park you car if its weekend is car park at back of Dart station as it's free, bridge takes you to back of Bochelli so you don't have to walk long way round as wardens out in force on a Saturday.
    Also a safe place to leave car overnight if heading in to town, have done plenty of times, as opposed to park and ride which overnight grand if you want your windows broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

thats a pay and display car park, the one beside south beach right behind the dart station?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

thats a pay and display car park, the one beside south beach right behind the dart station?

monday to friday yes it is pay and display.

saturday & sundays its free all day. (not sure about bank holidays)

Advertisement