Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female dog question

• 18-01-2012 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

This is probably a bit of a nuts question, but do all bitches have the same amount of teats, mine is lying beside me and I counted again she's only got 7..
    I have her years and remember wondering about it, (10 years, we hadn't a pc at the time, so couldn't google it)
    Is this normal.
    I know it doesn't effect her and she's never had a litter, just seems unusual like why not 6 or 8.. Why 7?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Just had to double check my answer, It would seem that most bitches will have between 6-9 teats (nipples) and it's not unusual for them to be uneven at all. I checked 4 different sources before I posted but I believe it to be normal, although they can be spaced unevenly and 2 might be close enough together for one to be over looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Vince32 wrote: »
    Just had to double check my answer, It would seem that most bitches will have between 6-9 teats (nipples) and it's not unusual for them to be uneven at all. I checked 4 different sources before I posted but I believe it to be normal, although they can be spaced unevenly and 2 might be close enough together for one to be over looked.

That's what was confusing me, she only has 7, I've counted carefully, I just though they would be even, one side they are closer together she's got 4 on that side then 3 on the other.

Im not usually this weird either, asking as I've been watching her recently and she seems to have some leakage on some of them and she's constantly trying to nibble away. Time for the vet I think.

Advertisement