Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application - statement shows online bookmakers.

• 19-01-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

*not sure if this should be posted in online gaming, property or banking forum*:confused:

Hi guys,

Being thinking lately about mortgages.

I cant exactly delete my past or forge my bank statements from my other bank so I want to know if any of you ever had issues.

And for those that did have issues what was required to correct them i.e did you have to go a certain time period with a clean statement?

I always remember one of the girls in bank telling me to withdraw in cash and lodge in bookmakers, sadly i might pay the price for my lazy ways now.

I would have several transactions a week, and it does look crap, even with the amounts only being small. :(

Personally I believe it is none of their business what I am doing in my 2nd bank account which is in another bank, however that is the system. In my defense I say it is none of their business as for the the 18 months i have being paying my wages into their bank I have being saving an average of 1800 euros a month, which more then covers mortgage repayments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Did bank A ask you to supply them with your bank statements from bank B?

How far back do they want you to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BowlingLad

just popped in for a general chat last weekend about mortgages and what would be available to me and i was told they would ask for bank B's statement as I am only with bank A for a short time. no period of time required given at time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭allovertheshop

i'm assuming it's an on-line betting site that lets you deposit straight from your bank account into your betting account?

I don't know how often you win from these bets, but maybe if you are winning and depositing back into your bank account, you can highlight these inputs alongside the out-goings and it might not look as bad? if you are only gambling small ammounts of your disposable income i can see where they'll have a problem...but i don't work in a bank so maybe gambling is something that they have to flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Do you have a third account with no dodgy transactions and regular activity?

Gambling transactions will definately hurt your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paraic OMuir

The lender is looking for details on your 2nd bank a/c as they require at least 6 month Current Account Statements. You mention you are with bank A a short time, I presume it's less than 6 months. You will have to wait until you have 6 months of clear history on your current a/c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BowlingLad

with bank A 18 months, paying my wages in for 12 months, but then i divert some of the money to bank B account which is my main account really. the rest remains as savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paraic OMuir

If your using Bank B as your main account then you'll need 6 months of clear statements from bank B before appyling to any mortgage lender.

Advertisement