Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your teen did/said today to make you smile/cry??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Proud mommy alert:

My young lady came in 2nd in yesterday's 80cm showjumping, her first time ever jumping the 80s in a contest. The winner was .5 seconds faster than her and 3rd place was 10 seconds behind. She's added another medal and rosette to her collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Proud mommy alert:

My young lady came in 2nd in yesterday's 80cm showjumping, her first time ever jumping the 80s in a contest. The winner was .5 seconds faster than her and 3rd place was 10 seconds behind. She's added another medal and rosette to her collection.

Well done Grindelwald's daughter.............

There is nothing like the feeling of watching them grow up and achieve in areas of their life:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

17 year old looking at our President Michael D on the news just now.
    " Oh he's so cute.....I'd love to give him a big hug!"

Seriously- teenagers,what way do they think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Leztanelly

Hello all

Firstly, I'm so sorry pester you all. I've been trying to figure out how to start a thread/sub forum. Similar to this, but off the topic chat for toddlers-schoolies. How they are progressing & how we parents are doing. You know handling the continuing challenges. This would be of course just like this sub forum, a safe place to laugh at our little one's adventures, cry with them when they are sad and even let of some steam when things can sometimes get a bit rough.

I originally started a thread and few people responded saying it would be a great idea to start a sub forum for this category. I realize this is for teens-pre-teens, but I figured some of you may have more than one child one of which are this category or about to enter it. If your nodding your head with me, along with others how have also said "yup great idea". Here's the thing I have no idea how to create a sub forum....

Hence me pestering you. So on that note I leave you all with your teenagers/there a-bouts (I will be visiting again when our turn comes too) and hope you can help me? Do any of you know how to create a sub forum?

Thanks so much and again congrats.

Leztanelly wrote: »
    Hello all

Here's the thing I have no idea how to create a sub forum....

Do any of you know how to create a sub forum?

You need to go to this link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461 and then request a new forum by beginning a thread about it. Read a few of the requests here at this link and also read the charter to give you a clear idea of how to go about it...:)

• Advertisement

Proud mommy alert:

SNAP!

Son won top award with his sports club tonight- to say my heart swelled is an understatement !
    And coming home in the car, he thanked me for all the times I brought him to training and matches!

Bless.

msthe80s wrote: »
    SNAP!

Son won top award with his sports club tonight- to say my heart swelled is an understatement !
    And coming home in the car, he thanked me for all the times I brought him to training and matches!

Bless.

That's great and he took time to thank you aswell. What sport does he do?

That's great and he took time to thank you as well. What sport does he do?

Soccer,football and hurling.
    This was for GAA- he'll never play for his county or his country, but he has the right attitude,and thats more important to me.

Sad to see some parents drop their children at these awards ceremonies and don't stay there to support or celebrate ( no excuses,same parents-they do it again and again-)
    Don't know why they have them in the first place.The children surely feel unwanted, when they see everyone else's parents there.

My head is still swollen today and I'm still grinning like a lunatic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

"That's the last time I'm drinking red wine..."
    "That Bushmills is horrible..."
    "Can I have some money..." x 240,000,000

Once they get older they aint so cute(sy)

16+ and it's down hill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

I was challenging my 16 year old the other day as to some untruth she may have told me....nothing too serious (project not handed in quite on time although I was assured it was completed!! The untruth was the real issue ;)) I said "I don't think you're telling me the truth! Her retort, YOU DON'T KNOW MY TRUTH!! She is a musician and I recently heard strains of Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell et al emanating from the post nuclear blast site she calls her room:rolleyes: Something tells me I am heading for a whole new territory!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Pandora2 wrote: »
    I said "I don't think you're telling me the truth! Her retort, YOU DON'T KNOW MY TRUTH!!

Look on the bright side. No shortage of career options for her. Politics, marketing, media..:)

Her retort, YOU DON'T KNOW MY TRUTH!! !!

Could be worse, could be ' you cant handle the truth ' :eek:

Thankfully, I don't frighten easily.........not my first outing to the teenage disco!! Mind you, she had a good look of Jack Nicholson as she said it!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My (almost) 10yr old has started chatting to a few older kids on our road - I'd say they're 12-14. When I say 'chatting'..he stands there gawping at them (mostly girls) while they ignore him and his pal:p

Anyway, I pulled into the road the other evening and was parked up, just about to make a phone call before I went into the house...these kids couldn't see me, so I rolled down the window, deciding to earwig on what they were yapping about, as they all seemed deep in conversation (all girls) and I assumed they were chatting about boys...

The eldest of the group was sayin 'Yeah, Captain Morgans is reduced in Spar and X can get us a bottle.., but you'll have to get 3euro each off yisser ma's.....'.:eek:

Needless to say, Fittle Jnr is banned from breathing within 500ft of them all:mad:

I almost fainted with the shock:eek:

My daughters 5 year diabetic anniversary today...

Cant get a big cake to celebrate so she has gone horse riding for the day.

* Got her school uniform for secondary yesterday, cant beleive how grown up she looks in it.

Another, proud mom alert.

My young lady came 5th out of 70 girls today running cross country and is now on the school team. Not bad for a diabetic.

Got myself a new blouse the other day, as soon as my young lady spotted it she wanted one. I got it for her but now im under instructions not to wear it, when she is wearing hers..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Smashhits

Called up to a friends house last night with my daughter who's 13 to drop off a wedding present. Who was there only Alan Kenefick from Prodijig that won Got to Dance in the Uk. He's related to them and was just visiting. My daughter nearly passed out with shock. She went a very bright shade of red. It was so sweet! She got a picture taken with him and couldn't wait to go home to put it on Facebook!

My 15 yr old rowed the best time with his Junior 15 8's crew in the Galway Tribesman Head of the River......

Delighted for him cos his older brother was hugely successful at rowing and of course it's brilliant to see my younger boy achieve as well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

On Saturday my 12 year old was doing his entrance exam for secondary and I asked him in the morning if he was nervous and he said "of course I'm nervous, this is my first big exam, next it's my Junior cert, then my Leaving cert and then I'll be in college" bless his cotton socks.

• Advertisement

Cringy Smile:- 17 year old watching Aqua "Barbie Girl" video on music tv.......

" I wish I had a relationship like that".:D

Just back from my 16 year olds Parent Teacher meeting..........Now I just have to figure out where this "pleasant, engaged and achieving" teenager hangs out when not at school, it certainly bears little resemblance to the bolshy, moody and uncooperative young one who slams the front door on the way out and in each day!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

My 15 yr old rowed the best time with his Junior 15 8's crew in the Galway Tribesman Head of the River......

Delighted for him cos his older brother was hugely successful at rowing and of course it's brilliant to see my younger boy achieve as well:)

Bish/jes GRC ?

Chance are I could well have rowed with your older son/coached your younger son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The 14 year old decided that he wants to become a geologist, move to Greenland, live in a camper van and look at rocks all day.

The 14 year old decided that he wants to become a geologist, move to Greenland, live in a camper van and look at rocks all day.

Good for him... i remember wanting to be an oceanographer but me and the sea dont mix, dodgy tummy.

My young lady is off to athlone today for the primary schools all Ireland athletics competition.

She is doing relays, standing long jump, 3 stride long jump and obstacle course, shes not too optimistic as its all Ireland. Had to buy her new runners though as she overpronates and needs the support.

She came 24th in the county cross country finals out of over 80 girls, she was very happy with that, we knew she wouldn't win as she came 5th in her school, the girl who won that race came 3rd in the finals (and she is on my daughters relay team) :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Just back from my 16 year olds Parent Teacher meeting..........Now I just have to figure out where this "pleasant, engaged and achieving" teenager hangs out when not at school, it certainly bears little resemblance to the bolshy, moody and uncooperative young one who slams the front door on the way out and in each day!!;)

So much better than having a perfect child at home and then refusing to believe that they aren't an angel at school too.

echo beach wrote: »
    So much better than having a perfect child at home and then refusing to believe that they aren't an angel at school too.

She's a firm believer in fielding her game face for the World at large and indulging in her stroppy side when at home!! I will survive ;)

Go

My young lady is off to athlone today for the primary schools all Ireland athletics competition.

She is doing relays, standing long jump, 3 stride long jump and obstacle course, shes not too optimistic as its all Ireland.

Well she made it the finals next weeks. http://www.offalysports.ie/Events?Id=1594 Not sure how she is going to do as she had 4 hypos yesterday. Have to give her less insulin and more food. She said there is fierce competition so shes not too optimistic, at this stage she is delighted to get the day off school.

* would you believe i got a text at 3pm telling me the homework she has to do, she was off doing athletics for the school (had to wear her uniform)from 9am to 4pm and they wanted her to do homework :eek: wrote her a note saying she wasnt doing it, she was tired after the long day and had a series of hypos. You think they would get homwork off.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

My 16 year old, usually selfish and a pain in the ass, picked daffodils in a park, (probably illegal), and put them on her grandparents grave. It was her friends idea, but I never thought she would do such a nice thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Major row with my 16 year old this morning. Firstly she was printing off stuff for a project at 8.20 when we should have been in the car on the way to school. Then I found out it's due in today and she plans on putting it together at lunch time!!!!! On the way to school she informed me that she needs a white top and pyjamas for a themed speech for tomorrow. She knows money is tight and I've told her before not to ask for things at the last minute as it puts me under severe pressure financially. I felt like murdering her:mad:

Advertisement