Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hairdresser cork....which one?

• 19-01-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Im hoping maybe someone can please help me out. I cant decide between 2 hairsalons in Cork and not sure which would be better. One is Gorgeous by Wyatt and the other is Darcys. Has anyone been to either? (note: I hate the hairdressers and nearly always come away in tears!) Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I haven't been to either..

But like you, I never had a good experience at a hairdressers.
    Last year I started going to Origin on Drawbridge st (behind the Savoy) and i haven't looked back since, they're excellent in there. I've been delighted with the results every time. There's a girl in there called Patrice who always does my hair, i've found her great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 unhappy holly

Léan wrote: »

Last year I started going to Origin on Drawbridge st (behind the Savoy) and i haven't looked back since, they're excellent in there. I've been delighted with the results every time. There's a girl in there called Patrice who always does my hair, i've found her great :)

I had thought about there and my friend got an amazing cut from fergal but hes on holidays and there are no other male hairdressers. I prefer male hairdressers I dont know why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Well I got mine done by your man himself in Darcy's about ten years ago and I left the place in shock and in tears. He completely ignored what I wanted done and was highly arrogant with it, wouldn't recommend him at all, having said that some of the girls I know are very good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

SlimCi wrote: »
    Well I got mine done by your man himself in Darcy's about ten years ago and I left the place in shock and in tears. He completely ignored what I wanted done and was highly arrogant with it, wouldn't recommend him at all, having said that some of the girls I know are very good....
    I had the same experience in origins.
    Left very unhappy, rang them to say I was unhappy with it, was told to come back in and when I did I felt like yerman was very cold with me, said there was nothing wrong with my hair, said he'd change it though, he put in a few more highlights and I just left, still unhappy and would never go back there. In saying that, I've 2 friends who swear by Fergal in there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Léan wrote: »

how much do they charge for a wash cut and blowdry?
    as last hairdresser I went to was very hungover and cut my hair unevenly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

silly wrote: »
    I had the same experience in origins.
    Left very unhappy, rang them to say I was unhappy with it, was told to come back in and when I did I felt like yerman was very cold with me, said there was nothing wrong with my hair, said he'd change it though, he put in a few more highlights and I just left, still unhappy and would never go back there. In saying that, I've 2 friends who swear by Fergal in there....
    Fergal is an old neighbour of mine and I've heard he is very good but no direct experience. Nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

booboo88 wrote: »
    how much do they charge for a wash cut and blowdry?
    as last hairdresser I went to was very hungover and cut my hair unevenly :(

Hi,
    they used to have a pricelist on their website, it appears to be gone though. Strange.

I think a wash, cut and blow dry is around the €40 for long hair. But I'm not sure on this. They do some really good deals. They have some generous student discounts, loyalty cards and different offers.

I was there just before Christmas, I got Balayage done, a conditioning treatment, a cut and curly blow dry. I have long hair and it worked out at €130 (I got a student discount too!). I was in there for about four or five hours. They really take their time with you which I like.

I used to go to a salon in Douglas where I was rushed in and out and passed around from stylist to stylist so it's great that they take their time in Origin. In my experience they really care and listen to what you have to say. I can't recommend them enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 unhappy holly

I went to Darcys in the end and got a lovely cut! delighted :D

Advertisement