Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The lonesome Cherry Blossom

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Spotted this single blossom in UCD today. There are no leaves on the tree just this one blossom :confused:

004.JPG

002.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

That's nice, thanks for posting. I might be wrong but I think with the cherry Blossom the blossoms come first and about a week after fallling off the leaves sprout!

I remember Fosters Ave, the south side corridor of UCD was lined with Cherry Blossom's until them were all chopped!ugghh

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Seanergy wrote: »
    That's nice, thanks for posting. I might be wrong but I think with the cherry Blossom the blossoms come first and about a week after fallling off the leaves sprout!

I remember Fosters Ave, the south side corridor of UCD was lined with Cherry Blossom's until them were all chopped!ugghh

That depends on the species. I remember the tree in question blossomed late last year and had a full compliment of leaves when it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Prunus autumnalis blooms from autumn through winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Moved to Gardening from Nature & Bird Watching.

This doesn't seem to be about our native cherry

Advertisement