Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb ports

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,i have a neglected 360 at home which has been idle for a few years,the wife got it for me a good few years ago and since i finshed halo 2 it has not been turned on,the brother dropped down his ps3 for me to mind for a week (id say his wife banned it from the house so i ended up minding it) and its rekindled my interest in the xbox 360,now for the last few days i have been loading on some films on the ps3 and found it very easy to use and was surprised at how good a media player it is and decided to load a few films on to the xbox 360 to see if it was any good as a media player,I have one of those iomega media players and what a load of crap,pure nightmare to use and the software must have been designed by a moron,anyway i was surprised as i dont have usb ports on the 360(I thought they all had them),I have memory port a and memory port b on the front of the unit and i was wondering how would i transfer files into the 360,is their some adaptor i could plug in to the unit that would have a female usb port in it or would i have to get a specific memory stick that will fit the 360,regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There are usb ports , if its the old white model it has 3 or if its a slim it has 5!!!!

The ones on the front are hidden under a little flap on the right if its lying on it's site or bottom if upright.

You can't transfer files onto it so has to be used as either a media extender to a media center pc and stream the video to it or use a fat 32 formatted usb drive to play the files from.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Calex71,thanks for that,I have found the usb ports,two of then inside the flap,the light in my front room is very poor so i never spotted the flap,thanks for the reply,regards

Advertisement