Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head shops

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

is there any open in Galway these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I think there is still one open on dominick street but not sure what they sell these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Is there still one in the lane between St Augustine and Middle St (by the church)? I thought that was one of the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

i'd inject heroin into my testicles before i'd go near anything from a head shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Don't think there are any left open, but Galway has a good range of gardening and horticulture stores which sell similar products.

Only if you were to compare the labels on the products sold in both types of shop. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

newkie wrote: »
    Is there still one in the lane between St Augustine and Middle St (by the church)? I thought that was one of the older ones.

I passed there on Tuesday, it isn't there anymore. Not for some months I think. Not that I was ever a customer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Mellow Daze opposite the Roisin Dubh is still open. All they sell is pipes and scales and that though.. 'paraphernalia'. I'm not actually sure how they're allowed to sell them, I mean the drug legislation in this country is so absurdly out of touch with reality you'd think it would ban the sale of these things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Mellow Daze opposite the Roisin Dubh is still open. All they sell is pipes and scales and that though.. 'paraphernalia'. I'm not actually sure how they're allowed to sell them, I mean the drug legislation in this country is so absurdly out of touch with reality you'd think it would ban the sale of these things too.

Drug paraphernalia? I'm sure the mere thought hadn't even begun the speculate about the merest possibility of crossing their minds!

I think the term you're looking for is tobacco accessories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Slightly off topic, but one of my friends emigrated to Oz 2 years ago.
    His mum did a cleanup of his room and found a big hookah like this one.

She thought it was an ornamental candle holder that he picked up on his holidays in Turkey, so now it sits proudly on the mantlepiece in their sitting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

McTigs wrote: »
    i'd inject heroin into my testicles before i'd go near anything from a head shop

You'd be like a Giraffe then - High Bollix! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

newkie wrote: »
    Drug paraphernalia? I'm sure the mere thought hadn't even begun the speculate about the merest possibility of crossing their minds!

I think the term you're looking for is tobacco accessories!
    Oh I know what the legal justification for them is, I'm just surprised there isn't a blanket ban on it all. It's not like common sense is a factor in any of these laws.
    dilallio wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but one of my friends emigrated to Oz 2 years ago.
    His mum did a cleanup of his room and found a big hookah like this one.

She thought it was an ornamental candle holder that he picked up on his holidays in Turkey, so now it sits proudly on the mantlepiece in their sitting room.
    They're for smoking shisha anyway, which is legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Mellow Daze is still open, but it's depressingly bare. Nothing really on display or anything, but you can still get grinders, skins, roaches and other stuff like that. Just ask the guy, it's all behind the counter.

Advertisement