Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Colors (Mike Portnoy's other new band)

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭

A supergroup with Neal Morse, Steve Morse, Dave LaRue, Casey McPherson.

Mike & Neal (ex Spock's Beard) were in Transatlantic together, Steve & Dave have worked together for many years in Dixie Dregs & the Steve Morse Band, but Casey (from Alpha Rev) is a new name to me. I'm hearing a definite Transatlantic vibe, though Dave has a very different style to Pete Trewavas' - much busier & funkier. Production by Peter Collins (best known for several Rush albums)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LetsZep

Really like the sound of this and it's getting great feedback post release. Haven't heard the album in full yet, Portnoy seems to have landed on his feet though..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have both recent albums that Portnoy is in.

Flying Colors with their self titled album

and

Omerta by Adrenaline Mob.

Both albums are quite enjoyable in their own way, but I have to say that the latter works better as an album.

Flying Colors has some very good songs on it, but has a share of filler as well. Also it is not the proggy album that some people might think it might be.

Poor old credit card has taken a hiding in the last two weeks with the above two albums being bought along with recent albums by

Nitrogods
    Iron Maiden
    Fighting Fiction
    Sound Of Guns
    Shinedown
    Orange Goblin
    Rincon
    Hawk Eyes
    Lostalone
    Ancient Wisdom
    Springsteen

and four or five non rock/metal albums.

Good old credit card, easy to use, and a bringer of woe with the statement arrives. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Sounds good to me. I think I'm going to talk to my poor old credit card too (if I find it).

Advertisement