Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a Stirrup Leather- Limerick Area

Options
  • 19-01-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

So basically my stirrup leather is broken, the stitching has come undone and was hoping to get it fixed ASAP. I could do it myself as it just needs a few stitches but I don't want to mess it up. Can anyone advise me of someone thats good in the limerick city or adare area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ordinary star

Jill moran in askeaton is good she will prob just put a few stitches in it for you.. otherwise james purdell in o connell st or any leather show repair shop..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Generally it's time to buy a new pair when that happens. They are not expensive, €20 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

finbarrk wrote: »
    Generally it's time to buy a new pair when that happens. They are not expensive, €20 maybe.

Problem is I bought these expensive only 3 years ago so I'm not giving up on them yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Jill moran in askeaton is good she will prob just put a few stitches in it for you.. otherwise james purdell in o connell st or any leather show repair shop..

Do you think james purcell is open sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭baldyshane

Sorry for jumping in but if you can get stirrup leathers worth having for €20 quid you should grab them with both hands (unlikely). Always get the best reins and stirrup leathers you can afford they are your main point of contact with the horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Tess Walsh

Any good shoe repair shop can repair them for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Second Jill Moran in Askeaton!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Just be aware that a repaired leather may not be as safe and we have heard stories of repaired ones breaking and causing injury so maybe look at eventually retiring these and having them as a spare. It is a pain when leathers break but this can be down to them not being oiled or just a bad batch..

Eoghan

Advertisement