Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hey

• 19-01-2012 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi im 25 years old and a stay at home mum looking to make some new friends living in limerick 7 years now and still have not made any friends i want to hang out with people and go out on the town and stuff if any females are interested

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better for you here I reckon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

amo86 wrote: »
    hi im 25 years old and a stay at home mum looking to make some new friends living in limerick 7 years now and still have not made any friends i want to hang out with people and go out on the town and stuff if any females are interested

you should come along to a boards beers the next time the lads organise one, or there's usually the quiz on monday night in o connells, good crowd and the quiz isnt taken too seriously... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I didn't knowe there was a quiz monday night?? Interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

xsiborg wrote: »
    you should come along to a boards beers the next time the lads organise one, or there's usually the quiz on monday night in o connells, good crowd and the quiz isnt taken too seriously... :)

+1 As a similar aged, girl who knew no Boardsies I can testify they aren't that scary at all (well some of them anyway :D:D:pac::pac:), so deffo go to the next Boards beers which should be soon *hint hint*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Look at www.meetup.com There is a group called new and not so new to Limerick that have events on a regular basis. They are a nice group and very welcoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

xsiborg wrote: »

She just needs to watch out for one or two individuals. :D

Kess73 wrote: »

it was a torch in my pocket, ok! :o

incidentally though Kess, you'll have to come to the next one too, we'll recognise you wearing your running liotard and a viking helmet! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »

*slowly raises hand as far as Kess's waist*

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Pop along to the quiz ... It's good crack, I'll get Neil to organise one from behind the bar:-)))) no cheating like the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Pop along to the quiz ... It's good crack, I'll get Neil to organise one from behind the bar:-)))) no cheating like the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Good Ken none of us cheat Were all very very innocent. Hmmm i cant find a halo so il just use :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Also I can vouch for a few here.. But that doesnt say much cos it is me after all hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I love table quizzes and a bit of craic, but dont know any of ye (um I think..)!

Would be weird to be sitting at a table on yer own ya know? One woman table quizer.

Do ye have a special boardsies table or sumat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Is that for all of us? :D:D:D

Calling me a cheater.. Hmph! Lies! I'm not a cheater.. 'cause I don't get caught! :cool:

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I love table quizzes and a bit of craic, but dont know any of ye (um I think..)!

Would be weird to be sitting at a table on yer own ya know? One woman table quizer.

Do ye have a special boardsies table or sumat?

not at all dellas, speaking for myself, i just heard about the quiz on boards so i went down when i'd a night off, first time there and champo (quizmaster at the time) formed a team between myself and two other first timers and we'd a great laugh, we nearly forgot we were supposed to be making an effort! :D

so then that encouraged me to go down the next night and the lads couldn't make it so this time i grew a set and hopped in at a table with two other lads where i thought they needed a spare body, only found out later in the conversation they were on boards aswel, again had a great night and a good laugh, all in all i'd say there were about fifteen tables with three, four, and even i think i counted five at one table! :D

i havent been able to get down to a quiz since with work but im hoping to get down again, went on a boards beers too and we'd a great laugh, made all the better because people brought along their friends too that werent on boards and there was a good crowd of us, about twelve of us, which meant there was enough of a group of us all to chat to each other, but not so many that anybody got left in the background or felt left out... :)

hope that gives you some sort of idea to encourage you to just go for it, come down or come out and have a ball... :)

Thanks for that! I defo think Id be interested in going! Need to find some gump to get going on me own tho (none of my friends interested in table quizzes). Do ye meet before hand or anything?

I am thinking of going next week dellas - I'm laid low with a bad cough this week. We could join forces? I've never been myself but do know a few of the boardsies!

nah we dont meet beforehand at all, well the quiz usually starts around half 9 so i arrived down there at about 20 past to scope it out for a bit, truth be told im the definition of 'socially awkward' myself so i was even apprehensive about going to the quizzes or the beers night but at the same time then i enjoy meeting new people, once i get over my own initial awkwardness! :D

i'll probably head down next monday again myself once i kinda plan it forward, but i thought too when i first thought about heading down 'oh, formal table quiz, best behaviour!', i couldnt have been more wrong, as i said in a previous post, i'd a great laugh from the get-go, from the eyebrow raising dodgy team names, to the laughs in between rounds, i dont think anyone there could have taken it seriously, certainly wasnt a competitive atmosphere anyway, im sure your friends would enjoy it too as its not the typical table quiz type where everything is all serious and what not, its definitely more of a social thing than anything competitive! :)

I am thinking of going next week dellas - I'm laid low with a bad cough this week. We could join forces? I've never been myself but do know a few of the boardsies!

That would be great! Let me know if you are going (give a PM) and could arrange to meet you maybe near the place? And xsiborg if you wanna join forces too..

Now I don't want any fighting over who gets to be on my team guys... :D:D
    I will probably have to head for the last bus at 11 so might miss the end, but I am sure I will have well destroyed our chances by then already... :)

hehehe :)
    As long as we have a bit o craic and get the odd q right, we'll be the finest.

Now I don't want any fighting over who gets to be on my team guys... :D:D
    I will probably have to head for the last bus at 11 so might miss the end, but I am sure I will have well destroyed our chances by then already... :)

well maybe the OP (amo86) could join us too and make a fearsome foursome? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Hi, im a stay at home mum living near limerick but I'm in the city most weeks for a look around the shops etc , pm if you fancy a coffee some day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Ninthtym

Ooh sounds kinda fun. I'm too much of a chicken/newbie to come I think. Maybe next time I'll grow some cojones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sparkey40

Hi wish I was nearer to I live in leitrim .i would love to meet new friends .good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

Hey, could anyone tell me if tonights quiz is free? Broke college student here! =P

sparkey40 wrote: »
    Hi wish I was nearer to I live in leitrim .i would love to meet new friends .good luck x

there's a Leitrim forum on here too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=949 ;)

Hey, could anyone tell me if tonights quiz is free? Broke college student here! =P

it's €15 a table as far as i know, usually you can get in with a team though for €5... :)