Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed 3 exams

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I failed maths, electronics and mechanics. I really thought I passed mechanics. What can I do now? My residual QCA (assuming I get a c3 in the repeats) is 2.24. Can I repeat 3 exams? :(

I got 3 F's, C1, C2, B3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

As far as I know, you can fail up to 4 per annum, so you can fail a maximum of 1 exam next semester. Any more and you will have to do link-ins or repeat the year, most likely the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can fail up to 4 per annum, so you can fail a maximum of 1 exam next semester. Any more and you will have to do link-ins or repeat the year, most likely the latter.
    I know for certain I won't fail more than 1 exam (maths, I'll do my best to pass it) and next semester has all the modules I like. So as long as I don't fail any more and pass my repeats, I'm through?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Daniel S wrote: »
    I know for certain I won't fail more than 1 exam (maths, I'll do my best to pass it) and next semester has all the modules I like. So as long as I don't fail any more and pass my repeats, I'm through?

Make an appointment with your student adviser and run over all the possibilities just so you can get it straight in your head, and you know what you have to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

Hi, just on that note, what happens if my QCA is below 2 after failing 2 this semester? Repeats in summer or repeat the semester? Can't get through to SU. Thanks!

KatyBob wrote: »
    Hi, just on that note, what happens if my QCA is below 2 after failing 2 this semester? Repeats in summer or repeat the semester? Can't get through to SU. Thanks!
    Repeat in summer.

I've just worked out (if they let me sit three exams) I'll need to get at least 2 D1's and a D2.

• Advertisement

Thank you, one less thing to worry about!

Is it possible to get exams rechecked?

@DanielS Ya, check the academic calender for dates

KatyBob wrote: »
    @DanielS Ya, check the academic calender for dates
    Where can I apply for a recheck though?

That I don't know, possibly SAA but sometimes its through the lecturer. Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Consider Recheck applications for Autumn Exams
    2 wks
    Mon 23/01/2012
    Fri 03/02/2012

Viewing days for scripts Autumn
    2 days
    Tue 31/01/2012
    Wed 01/02/2012

Recheck request open from Monday, there is a cost involved but is refunded if the grade is improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

print off the recheck form here

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration/Student%20Information/Requests%20-%20Letter,%20Transcripts,%20Recheck%20Forms,%20Change%20of%20Address

cost is €25 per module. drop the form into the SAA post box to avoid the queue (which will be mad for the next few weeks )

Advertisement