Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 - free texts not activated for 24 hours (rant)

Options
  • 19-01-2012 9:56am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So as most of you know o2 have a deal where you recieve free texts if you top up by €20.

However it takes 24 hours after topping up for the free texts to come into effect.

This is pretty outrageously cynical as they know people will spend a good portion of their credit sending texts in the meantime, particularly (as I was) those unaware that free texts don't get activated immediately.

They also only send you a text days before your free texts run out, rather than the exact time. (ie: You have now exhausted your months free texts)

Pretty poor business practice by o2 imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I agree that there are sly devious tactics.

It is unbelievable and shocking the tricks that mobile phone companies engage in.

I have added a note in my guide to prepay packages regarding these O2 conditions.

Advertisement