Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone out to get me.

Options
  • 19-01-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So lately, I would say the past month. This guy, in a position of power, has been going to my manager and making up false claims about me. I've been brought into the office and questioned multiple times on it. There are a total of 6 issues now, mostly misinterpritations of situations which could be brushed off. But now they made a massive claim against me that isn't true but it's stressing me out knowing something else can come around the corner. This is pretty much going on because this guy pretty much hates me cause I am friends with a gal that turned him down on dating him.

Come to find out he is making false claims against someone else as well and has gotten them into trouble multiple times through his "eye witnesses".
    Is there anything that can be done about this? I dont see it stopping till he gets what he wants, and his thoughts are psychotic now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,516 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You go to your manager, make an arrangement/appointment to see him formally.

Say calmly and sensibly that six accusations have been made against you in the period of one month. Ask does this not seem a little odd since you were never in trouble before, but now one person has found six things to complain about, and there is no evidence other than his word.

Is this person senior to your manager? If that is the case your manager might be protecting his own back.

If your manager cannot offer any solutions then you might have to say, 'look if there are any further accusations, I want the opportunity to have (union/legal/support person) present if you wish to discuss any further complaints with me'.

Keep a clear and accurate record (no opinions, just facts) of the events that have happened and any further issues, you might have to take it further and the more information you have to hand, the better.

Advertisement