Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of NGB in Athy, Co. Kildare

Options
  • 19-01-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got a letter to state that I was getting a FREE upgrade to 24MB NGB broadband.

When I check on ngb.ie I can see that according to the NGB map, Athy is now NGB enabled.

I presume I have to wait for it to be 'Enabled & Migrated' for everyone to be migrated over.

Is there an ETA on this? Are we talking days, weeks or months?
    What kind of speed will I be getting after the upgrade?
    I presume 24MB is out of the question, but will I be able to get at least 12MB?
    I live in the centre of the town.

EDIT: You can ignore this, as the eircom guys have been helping me on Twitter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi,

I recently got a letter to state that I was getting a FREE upgrade to 24MB NGB broadband.

When I check on ngb.ie I can see that according to the NGB map, Athy is now NGB enabled.

I presume I have to wait for it to be 'Enabled & Migrated' for everyone to be migrated over.

Is there an ETA on this? Are we talking days, weeks or months?
    What kind of speed will I be getting after the upgrade?
    I presume 24MB is out of the question, but will I be able to get at least 12MB?
    I live in the centre of the town.

EDIT: You can ignore this, as the eircom guys have been helping me on Twitter.

Hi thanks,

I see you have contacted the Social Media team on twitter.

Kind regards,

Advertisement