Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple leap cards under one account?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know how to add multiple leap cards on to the one account on leapcard.ie?

I'd rather not have to open a separate account for every member of the family.

The side menu on leapcard.ie says "My Leap Cards" but there is no option for ordering additional cards that I can see.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

When I log in, the first menu item on the top-left is: Buy a Card. You shouldn't need to go to any other page first. If you end up somewhere else, try clicking on the Leap logo in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

Thanks for that obvious tip. I hadn't logged out and so was seeing the default screen. When I re-logged in it became more obvious. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Purchasing / possession and registration of cards are separate concepts.

Buy the cards and when you have them, use the "Register a Leap Card" option. You can register 4-6 cards on one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Is it correct to say that once registered the leap card isn't transferable anymore?

As per leapcard.ie T&C's:

10. Transferability
    10.1 Personalised Leap Cards and Leap Cards with Tickets on them are not transferable.
    10.2 Leap Cards which are not personalised and do not contain any Tickets (i.e. Travel Credit only) are transferable for separate journeys but cannot be used by more than one passenger on the same journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Personalised Leap Cards" means cards with a photograph on them. There is no problem with transferring other cards. My aunt in London has about 8 Oyster cards for when people visit and there is no reason for Leap to not operate the same way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement