Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile not applying first three months free discount

Options
  • 19-01-2012 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone else having problems getting their "first 3 months free" discount applied? see my sad tale below.

When i signed up to emobile back in october i did so as part of you 3 months free offer. However each month I've recevied a bill and been charged the full ammount. Each time i've received the bill I rang customer care to point out that i'm supposed to be receiving 3 months free and each time i've heard a different story.
    Month 1
    I was told that they had forgot to apply the discount and that it would be activated and my next 3 months were free. I asked could they not charge for that month but they said they couldn't as it was already in their system that the money would be going out on that date but assured me it would be applied from then on. Instead of kicking up a fuss I just said ok i'll pay this month.
    Month 2
    This time I ring customer care and I'm told that the 3 month discounts are being applied until after Christmas. I asked howcome I wasn't told this when I signed up or when I rang with an identical query the previous month. The agent on the phone assured me that this was an error on their part and I should have been told but the discount would definately be applied from after Christmas. Again I agreed to pay that month.

Month 3
    I've just received another bill, again for the full ammount.
    This time when i rang customer care the agent on the phone told me that the discount was being applied. I asked them to explain this to me and they said that the section of the bill that said "last payment received 76cr" was the refund. I asked her if that was being deducted

1. Why didn't it say "refund" or "Credit" or anything that might indicate it was anything other than just a note that to say my last bill.
    2. Why was my "total due this month" 82€

They repeated that the CR meant the ammount was refunded but eventually accepted that there was no refund reflected in the total due.

She assured me that a customer care supervisor would ring me back within 24-48 hours.

I'm concered that Emobile are going to try and tell me that i'm not eligible for this discount. I'm genuinely shocked at how poor this whole experience has been. For a communications company emobiles communication skills are extremely poor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Folks,

Anyone else having problems getting their "first 3 months free" discount applied? see my sad tale below.

When i signed up to emobile back in october i did so as part of you 3 months free offer. However each month I've recevied a bill and been charged the full ammount. Each time i've received the bill I rang customer care to point out that i'm supposed to be receiving 3 months free and each time i've heard a different story.
    Month 1
    I was told that they had forgot to apply the discount and that it would be activated and my next 3 months were free. I asked could they not charge for that month but they said they couldn't as it was already in their system that the money would be going out on that date but assured me it would be applied from then on. Instead of kicking up a fuss I just said ok i'll pay this month.
    Month 2
    This time I ring customer care and I'm told that the 3 month discounts are being applied until after Christmas. I asked howcome I wasn't told this when I signed up or when I rang with an identical query the previous month. The agent on the phone assured me that this was an error on their part and I should have been told but the discount would definately be applied from after Christmas. Again I agreed to pay that month.

Month 3
    I've just received another bill, again for the full ammount.
    This time when i rang customer care the agent on the phone told me that the discount was being applied. I asked them to explain this to me and they said that the section of the bill that said "last payment received 76cr" was the refund. I asked her if that was being deducted

1. Why didn't it say "refund" or "Credit" or anything that might indicate it was anything other than just a note that to say my last bill.
    2. Why was my "total due this month" 82€

They repeated that the CR meant the ammount was refunded but eventually accepted that there was no refund reflected in the total due.

She assured me that a customer care supervisor would ring me back within 24-48 hours.

I'm concered that Emobile are going to try and tell me that i'm not eligible for this discount. I'm genuinely shocked at how poor this whole experience has been. For a communications company emobiles communication skills are extremely poor.

Hi Pelican
    I have seen a few similar posts on a seperate thread on this issue. I have posted a reply there but if you could PM me your tel no and pin, along with when you purchased phone ( approximately) I should be able to get this resolved for you.
    My apologies for the mix up but will put this right for you as fast as we can.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

PM sent.

PM sent.

Thanks PelicanLegend
    again my apologies for this mix up. I will chase immediately and should have info on this later today or tomorrow. I will update you as I receive this information.
    Tony

Thanks PelicanLegend
    again my apologies for this mix up. I will chase immediately and should have info on this later today or tomorrow. I will update you as I receive this information.
    Tony
    Hi Tony, any update on this?

Also despite being told by customer care that a supervisor would ring me back to discuss my bill between 24-48 hours they never did. That was last Wednesday. I'm not blaming that on you Tony, just letting you know the shabby treatment customers are receiving from CC

Hi Tony, any update on this?

Also despite being told by customer care that a supervisor would ring me back to discuss my bill between 24-48 hours they never did. That was last Wednesday. I'm not blaming that on you Tony, just letting you know the shabby treatment customers are receiving from CC

Hi PelicanLegend
    I absolutely agree, that if you were advised of a call back you should receive this, and within time advised. I have brought this to the attention of the customer care manager and hope to be able to track this promised call back.
    In regards to the free credit, I have been advised that
    Due to a technical fault, your three months free offer was not applied to your account. This issue has now been resolved and will be shown in your bills for Feb, March & April. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and the delay in getting answer to your query.
    I am chasing to make sure this has been applied to your account.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Tony.
    I am trying to get this checked on my account since I signed up back in October.
    My confirmation email states "3 months free , Jan , Feb, Mar"
    I have sent you another PM as my first bill seems to have been wrong aswell.
    Can I get this sorted today as it has been dragging on a while.
    Cheers.

Apart from this, really happy with the service and the phone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thanks for the prompt PM reply Tony.
    Query finally sorted it seems.
    Cheers.
    Sham.

Well its happened again. Just received my monthly bill and the discount is not applied. This is a total joke. I'm not paying this month in anycase. I'll have to cancel my direct debit. Whats with the incompetence?

Well its happened again. Just received my monthly bill and the discount is not applied. This is a total joke. I'm not paying this month in anycase. I'll have to cancel my direct debit. Whats with the incompetence?

PelicanLegend;
    I really cannot explain this. I have asked and ensured that a credit of eur 30 has now been added to you bill. This covers the 3 monthly discounts of eur 10. I hope this is ok and my apologies that this did not happen when it should.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I still haven't received my discount, this is the second month that should have been free, but wasn't. Not happy with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

The same thing has happened to me also. I am FUMING with eMobile. This is completely unacceptable.

I am very tempted to cancel my direct debit.

PelicanLegend;
    I really cannot explain this. I have asked and ensured that a credit of eur 30 has now been added to you bill. This covers the 3 monthly discounts of eur 10. I hope this is ok and my apologies that this did not happen when it should.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,
    thanks for looking into this. I don't blame you for this and appreciate your efforts to resolve it.
    However I'm not sure what you mean by "3 monthly discounts of €10."
    When I signed up i was promised the first 3 months free. That is what i'm still waiting on 5 months later. I'm simply not paying for this month. I guess i'll have to cancel my direct debit. Every month I'm being assured that if i just paid this month it would be applied next month. Can you get a new, correct bill issued to me? Judging by the reaction on this forum I'm not the only Emobile customer on the wrong end of this ridiculous treatment.
    Thanks

So they've messed up this month again and rather than cancel the bill and issue a new one they've asked me to pay again and assured me that it will be sorted next month... just like they've said every month since November.
    I'm going to go elsewhere for help on this. I think I'll contact Consumer Information and maybe the papers too. I'm clearly not the only one being ignored here. how difficult is it to not charge someone for 3 months.

So they've messed up this month again and rather than cancel the bill and issue a new one they've asked me to pay again and assured me that it will be sorted next month... just like they've said every month since November.
    I'm going to go elsewhere for help on this. I think I'll contact Consumer Information and maybe the papers too. I'm clearly not the only one being ignored here. how difficult is it to not charge someone for 3 months.

Hi PelicanLegend
    though I absolutely acknowledge that this should not have taken this length of time to resolve, on my last PM to you I advised that the credit would be applied to next bill, which is the next billing date. There will therefore not be any charge on this months bill. Am PM,ing you on this matter also.
    Tony

Hi PelicanLegend
    though I absolutely acknowledge that this should not have taken this length of time to resolve, on my last PM to you I advised that the credit would be applied to next bill, which is the next billing date. There will therefore not be any charge on this months bill. Am PM,ing you on this matter also.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I think I'm getting my wired crossed. When you said the credit would be applied to my "next bill" I assumed you meant the March bill and not the February bill (which I would consider "this bill"). Thats great though. Once I don't get charged this month i'm happy.

Giblet wrote: »
    I still haven't received my discount, this is the second month that should have been free, but wasn't. Not happy with this.
    Hi Giblet
    have PM'd you yesterday, this should now be active for you.
    Tony

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just a reminder that as bad as it is bill payers do have rights under the dd scheme see here:

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

Note in particular that you can request your bank to refuse a dd up to the day before its due. You may have to arm yourself with this web page as bank staff are shockingly ignorant of the dd scheme rules. Remember it's your bank account and the existence of a dd is not an entitlement to a company to plunder it as they wish. Note also that you can ask for refunds of amounts debited that you are not happy with.

Also under the rules of the dd system companies are not supposed to debit disputed amounts so insist on your rights - this nonsense of it will all be sorted next month is just nonsense!

Below is the relevant section from the dd scheme rules -an originator refers to the company concerned and they accept these obligations through their participation in the scheme.

Originators must put in place reliable systems and which will ensure:
    o the issuance of correct advance notification as appropriate of amounts to be debited
    o that Direct Debits as issued conform to Payer instructions and the Rules of the Scheme
    o that disputed amounts are not debited

dub45 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that as bad as it is bill payers do have rights under the dd scheme see here:

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

Note in particular that you can request your bank to refuse a dd up to the day before its due. You may have to arm yourself with this web page as bank staff are shockingly ignorant of the dd scheme rules. Remember it's your bank account and the existence of a dd is not an entitlement to a company to plunder it as they wish. Note also that you can ask for refunds of amounts debited that you are not happy with.

Also under the rules of the dd system companies are not supposed to debit disputed amounts so insist on your rights - this nonsense of it will all be sorted next month is just nonsense!

Below is the relevant section from the dd scheme rules -an originator refers to the company concerned and they accept these obligations through their participation in the scheme.
    Thanks a lot for that advice. Hopefully I wont need it as I'm told this is sorted now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks a lot for that advice. Hopefully I wont need it as I'm told this is sorted now.

As a matter of interest how many times have you been told that?

dub45 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest how many times have you been told that?
    Every month actually but it is sorted now.:D

• Advertisement

Just want to say thanks to Eircom:Tony for sorting this out for me.

Advertisement