Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed 3

Options
  • 19-01-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭

This is coming out 17th February, just preordered my copy from Gamesnash. Anyone else gonna get it? I didn't like UFC 2010 at all but looks like this one will be following EA MMA a bit more (career wise) and a new sub system (also kinda like EA MMA) so mad to give it a go. Demo will be out later this month.

Good vid below of Rampage Jackson talking about his career and how you can mimic it in UFC 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Demo out this week cant wait to try it..Anyone know if you can get the additonal fighters if ordered through Gamesnash or is it just Gamestop??Dunno if it finished but if you liked the game on Facebook you get a free Overeem..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looking forward to this but will wait a few weeks, these always drop in price really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demo is out tomorrow. You can play Bones vs Anderson Silva or Rampage vs Wandy in Pride. Not sure about preorder bonuses with Gamesnash but would rather give them my business than Gamestop. I think GS has the contendors pack but would only be really interested in Mayhem anyway. Can't wait to give this a lash tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Demo probably wont be out til tomorrow. PS Store usually updates in Ireland on a Wednesday???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Just got the demo there, don't like it all :( The characters just feel so stiff and a lot of the moves, esp kicks, dont feel like they are carrying any weight. I think I'll stick with EA MMA for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just played the one games. Ehh... Too similar to the other UFC Undisputed games for me. I had this pencilled in as a buy, now I might just give it a rent.

Disappointing.

Hows the new sub system? The sub system and career mode of 2010 were the reasons I hated it so much.

To many big hits again . I did like Pride though . It was a bit more fun and looks slightly better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KevMcGrath

Anyone else find this insanely difficult compared to the last one. I play on 2nd hardest difficulty, and i havent managed to win once from about 20 attempts. The computer AI seems to preempt all me strikes and on the ground, it is nigh on impossible to get up once taken down. Every transition is reversed!

It's one thing being challenging but that shouldn't get in the way of fun. I tried Ultimate difficulty and it was a joke. No chance of getting back up once you're taken down. All your moves are reversed and fat chance of pulling off a sub. I play on the middle one 'Advanced' and I find it's a good enough challenge. I like the idea of the Competition setting to take out random KO's but they are just a part of the sport. Any time I have been flashed KO, I was caught after a wild swing, hit right on the chin so I can understand it.

• Advertisement

One of the devs posted tips how to beat Ultimate AI on the ground http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28908533/In_regards_to_Ultimate_AI_reversals

New vid as well where a dev is talking to Mayhem Miller and how people can take him through career mode confirm DLC characters can be brought through career. Then he said on official forums that he slipped up and DLC fighters can't be brought through career. Sickner, would have actually bought it for a Mayhem career!

Anyone here playing it yet? I hear it's doing the rounds.

If anyone comes across a spare code for the Contenders Pack, I'd be happy to take it off ya :D

Anyone else getting this today?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I was soo hyped about the last version of this game ( i mean UFC 2010). However it was a big dissapointment for me. I was so let down by the game especially the submission system. Apparently they have the submission system sorted out this year but the graphics ( in the videos at least) and most of the moves ( from the gameplay videos that i have seen ) look similar to the last version.

I think i will take a pass on this. I might rent it when i dont have anything to play. We will see..

Ya 2010 was the biggest disappoint ever. It is a bit of a shame that they took 2 years off and returned with the same graphics, moves and features. New sub system and Pride mode doesn't take 2 years to develop. Hopefully the license will be passed to another dev for the next outing.

Regardless, mad to lash into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jmx009 wrote: »
    I was soo hyped about the last version of this game ( i mean UFC 2010). However it was a big dissapointment for me. I was so let down by the game especially the submission system. Apparently they have the submission system sorted out this year but the graphics ( in the videos at least) and most of the moves ( from the gameplay videos that i have seen ) look similar to the last version.

I think i will take a pass on this. I might rent it when i dont have anything to play. We will see..

The game still looks similiar alright but there are new animations, submissions, moves, etc. It's definitely the best of the three so far. 2010 was basically a reskinned 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cant hack the ufc games at all, too sluggish and technical for me

obviously they're supposed to be like that, but i can't enjoy them at all

Same as I said on the MMA boards, if anyone wants a scrap tonight on PS3, gimme an add - sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cheapest place to get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Glad I only rented this.Pretty much the same as the last 2 bar a few minor changes.Online is still a bloody joke, thank god thq are loosing the licence on it this year.Hopefully some decent company that might actually improve on well know areas that have persisted in the series,will get the rights. Its fun for a day or two offline, but whats the point of buying a game that will only last a couple of days and if you can't even play the piece of **** online cause the developers ****ed up for a third time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Played a bit earlier... rental. Same thing I said about the last game, great sport to follow and watch .. sh!t as a video game.

There have been other games by other devs and those sucked too. THQ losing the license is a big "so what. i'll never buy an mma game anyway." from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I enjoy the striking part of it, but the grappling is just a button mashing cluster****

Are they def loosing the license? Glad they are, not enough done for a 2 year break. Loving it tho. I can finally use the ground game. Blocking transitions, sweeping, subs, actuallt feel like I can control it instead of mindlessly swinging the right stick around. The devs are getting awful feedback on the official forums. They are making a mess of online.

I'm having a great laugh in career mode anyway and I hated 2010.

I created a Boards camp on PS3. Camp name is boards.ie or BRDS. Let me know if anyone wants to join up for some online fighting.

Advertisement