Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What way do p60s work for sub-teachers?

• 19-01-2012 12:12pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the question which may have an obvious answer to some, but I've been trying to deal with the tax office for a while now, trying to get some of the emergency tax they got off me back. Originally they had said I'd just get it back on my payslip which arrived this morning, but when I noticed they hadn't given it to me, I rang them again. They've said that I need to wait and get a p60 from my employer (Dept. of Education), fill that out and then they'll see if I'm owed anything.

So what way does the p60 work? Some quick research online looks like they could just send it out automatically, but I'm worried as a sub teacher I've got to do something to make sure it gets sent out. Do I sit back and wait for it to come? Am I ok being patient and waiting? Or is there something specific I have to do to make sure it arrives?

Again, sorry if thats something that seems obvious to people who've been through this before, but this is the first time I've had to deal with tax forms and the likes, and don't want to mess anything up :P Replies would be welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

in the same boat as well. Anytime I ring payroll I can't get through!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just as an update, I was on to payroll this morning over another matter and asked them...they said it will be sent out to be automatically by the end of Feb.

Presuming it would be the same for you Wolfy...

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭raytray

If you get a revenue.ie password you can do a P21 Balancing Statement online and if you are due any tax back you will get in within a week.

Ye but I dont think revenue have a copy of my p60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭raytray

I dont think it matters whether revenue has the P60. I did one a few years ago on 1st Jan as I was moving abroad so I didn't have my P60 at that stage either or my employer. I just used my last pay slip of the year to input the info.
    I could have things wrong though its been a while since Ive done one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

They send out the P60 to whatever address your payslip normally goes to and it happens generally around midterm in Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tealover

Has anyone gotten their P60 yet? Im in the same boat as you guys and thought it would be with todays payslip but no such luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

According to someone I work with no P60s have been sent out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

My partner's P60 arrived in the post yesterday and I'm assuming mine will arrive today.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on mine so i can claim tax back! Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Am waiting for my P60 too. Does anyone know who you send a Salary Certificate to (need to have it completed for a mortgage application)-Is the Dept of Ed my employer rather than the school? Just have a feeling if I send it in to the Department it won't come back for months and need it in a few days or a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

Payroll told me to ring Revenue and request an up to date tax cert and to give them the dept of education's employer number, 4000099H. They told me that Revenue would then send a copy to both me and the Department, but that the department won't automatically put it through, so they said for me to ring payroll again once I received my tax cert. I got it last week and rang the dept, and the guy I was speaking to said that was all fine, and that I should get a refund of tax in the next payslip, so fingers crossed! Hope this helps.

Been asked to provide my p60 to the social welfare within 14 days. Anyone know if its due in that time or am I going to have to explain to them I cant provide it for a while...

I imagine we'll have them in the next few days. We've often got them even sooner than this.

thought it would come in today's payslip but no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Captain Wheelbarrow

Got an 'Amended Tax Credit Certificate' today, whatever that is. Can't make head nor tail of it. Where's those damn P60's?!

Has anyone (post primary) received their P60 yet? Still waiting on mine :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Been asked to provide my p60 to the social welfare within 14 days. Anyone know if its due in that time or am I going to have to explain to them I cant provide it for a while...
    I rang at the start of march and was told all p60 were being posted by 16th march.....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

I received mine about 10 days ago (VEC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

I talked to them today about when P60 would arrive stating that I hadn't received mine (I'm owed a substantial amount in emergency tax). She said I would get my P60 next week. I asked "Are you just sending me mine or is that when everyone else is getting theirs?" She replied "We're just not singling you out in the whole of Ireland. Everyone gets theirs next week." She also told me that it was my fault for not telling them that I had revenue send them the relevant details in January.

Why are these people such tw@ts? All I'm asking is that they are able to do their fcuking jobs! I was told I was going to get my P60 at the end of Feb. It's not my fault they are so incompetent that they can't produce them. Wish they could just leave off the attitude. Grrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I feel another protest coming on....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MammyofDave03

I've been waiting on a P60 to make a claim for a refund of emergency tax for a client. I'm really disgusted how the laws of the land do not apply to goverment agencies and departments.

Revenue states that employers must issue a Form P60 to their employees between 1st January and 15th February. The filing deadline for the P35 is 15th February. Once upon a time it took nine months for Revenue to put this information in their system, but these days it is almost instantaneous. I issued a lot P60's to employees of clients in January and they have been able to claim tax refunds or at the least, log into PAYE Anytime and see their income for 2011.

However, when I check PAYE Anytime for this client there is nothing there from the Dept of Eduation. Does this mean that they failed to submit their return on time? Are they not subject to the same penalties as every other employer?

I am so fed up of this country. :( (no crying face available)

FINALLY got mine today! Now how does one go about getting a tax refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

FINALLY got mine today! Now how does one go about getting a tax refund?

You are assuming that revenue actually has any money to give you...

Ok, so mine arrived....but is drastically short some money :P

Do you get multiple ones from different employers? The p60 I got today is only for a single day I worked in a secondary school, and doesn't seem to have included the majority of work I've done, which was in a special needs school (but also paid from the Dept. of Ed.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I got this today. I'm new to this whole thing and for some reason can't access my PAYE anytime for 2011 ask I was claiming JSB for some of the year. So is this normally used to claim tax back or does it have any other uses? It seems to refer to my pension which is probably a whopping 300 quid at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

so I got a letter today. A big 'PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL' on the front of! I was thinking 'great, P60 is here'. However when I opened it, it was another persons P60? What should I do?

Ring up the revenue and tell them what happened?

Got my second one this morning, so now have everything up to date :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Grrrrr so frustrated I got what I thought was my p60 but no it was just a statement of earnings, also I logged onto PAYE anytime and none of the information from the Department is on it it says it is not on file?! My mam works for the Dept. of Education too she got her p60 with her statement of earnings last week. Anyone know who I get onto about this the Dept. or the Revenue?

Advertisement