Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift Vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

For that shop it is.

The voucher is only valid for the shop that issued it. Your money (euro) is valid for all shops.
    How is it different if you have €50 to spend and a shop tells you that you only have until this date to buy it then we're taking it all anyway.

Simply walk out with your €50 and go somewhere else. And the shop can't do that anyway, as they are not the issuer of the currency (government/central bank are) and don't get to make the rules as they go along. With a vouche,r they do get to make the rules, as they are the issuer of the currency, in this case the voucher.

Saying all that, I think the shop should redeem the voucher for the OP.

Vouchers, like 'clubs' are a waste of money and really only benefit the shops and not the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont agree with vouchers either. They were usually used to force me to buy clothes from shops I didnt like :pac:
    I still think its a time limit on currency since its only giving a set time to use it which even though theyre making the rules it shouldnt be legal to do. But thatll never change and cnuts will be cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I dont agree with vouchers either. They were usually used to force me to buy clothes from shops I didnt like :pac:

I absolutely loath vouchers and 'clubs' with a passion. I've stopped using them years ago. Can't for the life of me understand why people still go for them today.
    I still think its a time limit on currency since its only giving a set time to use it which even though theyre making the rules it shouldnt be legal to do. But thatll never change and cnuts will be cnuts

It is a time limit ok, but the time limit is on the shops currency, their vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Does the salon have a Facebook Page? If so you should chance writing a message on their wall explaining the situation again and saying how disappointed you were about not being not able to use the voucher and is there a chance they would revoke their decision.

I have noticed lately with some retailers that have terrible customer service they soon have a change of attitude when something is made public through social media means. I was fobbed off myself by a large retailer I called into the store, phone calls, and emails problem wasn't resolved as soon as I contacted them by Facebook they sorted it. Probably through fear of their customers being made aware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Does the salon have a Facebook Page? If so you should chance writing a message on their wall explaining the situation again and saying how disappointed you were about not being not able to use the voucher and is there a chance they would revoke their decision.

I have noticed lately with some retailers that have terrible customer service they soon have a change of attitude when something is made public through social media means. I was fobbed off myself by a large retailer I called into the store, phone calls, and emails problem wasn't resolved as soon as I contacted them by Facebook they sorted it. Probably through fear of their customers being made aware!

yeah i agree, they won't want that on their facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shazb01

May give that a try later, I should have probably argued a bit on the phone with them but I didn't get the impression that it was up for discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Am in a similar situation with a voucher for a travel agents.

Lost it, has expired now and after e-mailing their customer service have basically been told its tough cookies on me.

Silly of them really because if they would honour the voucher for €150 we would be spending an additional €2400 with it to book next summers holiday.

Back to the brochures it is so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Lost it, has expired now and after e-mailing their customer service have basically been told its tough cookies on me.

Silly of them really because if they would honour the voucher for €150 we would be spending an additional €2400 with it to book next summers holiday.

I'm literally open mouthed with shock. Will you name the travel agents? They need to be named and shamed for being idiots.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How can they be sure you're not just trying to con them?

gift vouchers are like money, its your job to look after them....if you lost 50e after getting it out of a ATM would you expect the bank to refund you or for a shop to give you free stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Cabaal wrote: »
    How can they be sure you're not just trying to con them?

gift vouchers are like money, its your job to look after them....if you lost 50e after getting it out of a ATM would you expect the bank to refund you or for a shop to give you free stuff?

Sorry I somehow missed the point about it being lost. I thought they were just refusing to honour an out of date voucher.

In saying that, every company makes a record of all vouchers sold so they should have a record of it, for reasons just like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement