Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the eircom free wifi hotspots

Options
  • 19-01-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I am wondering if I need to download the eircom app to use these.
    I have my own router at home and sometimes connect my android phone to it.So I am a little puzzled as to why I wouild need an app to use Eircom's.

Would it be to limit the amount of phones that can use it as those without the app would be asked for a password?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi geordief,

The eircom WiFi App is designed just to make it easier and more convenient to use with eircom WiFi Hubs.

You can also join the WiFi Hub manually if you prefer.

Download the new eircom WiFiHub app from the Android market. SMS 50003 for your login details and you're away - bit.ly/eircomWifiHub

Best wishes,
    Ant

geordief wrote: »
    I am wondering if I need to download the eircom app to use these.
    I have my own router at home and sometimes connect my android phone to it.So I am a little puzzled as to why I wouild need an app to use Eircom's.

Would it be to limit the amount of phones that can use it as those without the app would be asked for a password?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks
    you don't happen to know the exact (or best) position of the hub in Eyre Square Galway do you?
    I tried connecting last week at the entrance to the shopping centre oposite the AIB and couldn't find it.
    I did look on your map and I also asked around in the Corbett shopping centre but noone seemed to know about it.
    I would post on the Galway City forum but they moved me to the Eircom forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

geordief wrote: »
    thanks
    you don't happen to know the exact (or best) position of the hub in Eyre Square Galway do you?
    I tried connecting last week at the entrance to the shopping centre oposite the AIB and couldn't find it.
    I did look on your map and I also asked around in the Corbett shopping centre but noone seemed to know about it.
    I would post on the Galway City forum but they moved me to the Eircom forum....

According to the map here
    http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/coverage-map/

the nearest wifi spots to Eyre Square are

PAYPHONE 1 - EYRE SQ GALWAY
    PAYPHONE, , CORNER ABRAKEBABRA, EYRE SQ, GALWAY, GALWAY

SUPERMACs - EYRE SQUARE
    RESTAURANT, , EYRE SQUARE, , GALWAY, GALWAY

VICTORIA TOWERS HOTEL
    HOTEL , , , VICTORIA PL, GALWAY, GALWAY

MAXWELL'S RESTAURANT
    RESTAURANT, , WILLIAMSGATE, , GALWAY, GALWAY

Also mentioned in the list under the map are

PAYPHONE 2 - EYRE SQ GALWAY
    PAYPHONE, OPP ENT TO EYRE SQ SC, EYRE SQ, GALWAY, GALWAY

PARK HOUSE HOTEL
    HOTEL, EYRE HOUSE, FORSTER ST, GALWAY, GALWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

Thanks
    I see what you mean now (you have to click the wifi icons for a place description....)

• Advertisement
Advertisement