Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stop email notifications Help please

Options
  • 19-01-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I can't seem to get them to stop.

I've searched the help thread, already edited options to 'no email notifications'
    gone to usercp and its still showing 'no email notifications' I cant figure it out.

Appreciate some help. THX

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Turning off future thread subscriptions won't remove the pre-existing ones.

Check what shows here for you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

and you can remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Sorry Spear i don't know what you mean about future threads,

i follow link, got a list of my followed threads, went into edit options and it is still showing up no email notifications.

Any chance it could be changed for me?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

First things first then, in your user CP, under edit options, what's the default thread subscription set to?

Default thread subscription mode is set to 'no e-mail notification'.

It was set at 'instant e-mail notification' and i changed it yesterday. But continued to receive emails this morning. I have one in trash from 9.39 this morning.

Perhaps it takes time to work, but there seems to be no more emails from to-day (not sure how long they take to come through)

Can i come back to you if they reappear! Seems to be ok for now.
    Thx.

That will stop you being subscribed to new threads, and it should have taken effect as soon as you changed it.

That only leaves the pre-existing subscriptions, so if they've been removed from your list then there shouldn't be any further notifications.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Turning off future thread subscriptions won't remove the pre-existing ones.

Check what shows here for you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

and you can remove them.

I think i've worked it out. Changing the settings will make the changes from to-day. I've changed the old thread notifications. as per your link.

Funny i just thought if you asked for no e-mails youd get no emails

Thanks for your help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement