Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a bus from Portmarnock to Malahide?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Or only a Taxi, looked at Dublin Bus website and it looks like I have to go to around the world for fun...

How much would a taxi be? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Does the 42 not go that route?

also what about the dart?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

yes you can ger the 102 from sutton station to airport or get 32a from city center. the 102 is your best bet a lot more frequent than 32a. taxi about €5-€7 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... and the first thing that comes up on that search is this thread;)

The OP has already said he's looked at the Dublin Bus website. It's not unreasonable to post a question like that here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Several buses:

32a from Portmarnock Village to Malahide Village directly along the Coast Road

102 operates via Portmarnock Village and along Carrickhill Road, Wendell Avenue and along the Coast Road

42 from terminus beside Sands Hotel via Wendell Avenue and Seamount to Malahide Village (Buses not marked "c" in the timetable)

Morning peak the 142 takes the same route as the 42.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

DART is your best bet, the dart station in portmarnock is a bit out I think but the one in Malahide is right in the centre of town

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks for your contribution, albeit utterly useless !:rolleyes:

lxflyer wrote: »
    Several buses:

32a from Portmarnock Village to Malahide Village directly along the Coast Road

102 operates via Portmarnock Village and along Carrickhill Road, Wendell Avenue and along the Coast Road

42 from terminus beside Sands Hotel via Wendell Avenue and Seamount to Malahide Village (Buses not marked "c" in the timetable)

Morning peak the 142 takes the same route as the 42.

Thanks a lot y'all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Depending on which way you're going:
    42 would be easiest to time if going from Portmarnock to Malahide, as it leaves from there, though it depends on whereabouts in Portmarnock you're leaving from (it goes nowhere near Portmarnock village). For the 102, it'll take about 5-10 minutes to get from Sutton Station to Portmarnock, and is a better option if you're leaving from down near Portmarnock village.
    Coming the other way, maybe 25mins for the 42 to get from town to Malahide, perhaps 20 for the 102 to get from the airport to Malahide village.
    There's always the dart, but as previously said, the station's a bit of a walk to most of Portmarnock. A taxi will probably charge you €7-€10 for the pleasure.

Depending on which way you're going:
    42 would be easiest to time if going from Portmarnock to Malahide, as it leaves from there, though it depends on whereabouts in Portmarnock you're leaving from (it goes nowhere near Portmarnock village). For the 102, it'll take about 5-10 minutes to get from Sutton Station to Portmarnock, and is a better option if you're leaving from down near Portmarnock village.
    Coming the other way, maybe 25mins for the 42 to get from town to Malahide, perhaps 20 for the 102 to get from the airport to Malahide village.
    There's always the dart, but as previously said, the station's a bit of a walk to most of Portmarnock. A taxi will probably charge you €7-€10 for the pleasure.

Thanks. it be from Sands hotel to Malahide village on a Saturday, so need a bus with the best frequency. ta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

42 would be handiest and easiest to time, as the terminus is right beside the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thanks for your contribution, albeit utterly useless !:rolleyes:

your very welcome, im going to continue my crusade to educate the masses about educating themselves. people seem to love it here. especialy north dubliners!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And I shall continue my crusade to give unhelpful posters a 2 week holiday from this forum for persisting in trolling.
    Bye.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thanks. it be from Sands hotel to Malahide village on a Saturday, so need a bus with the best frequency. ta

I don't know how well you know the area, but weather depending, that's a beautiful walk. Around 2 miles I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Keep it simple, just use this bus
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/102/

Its only a 20min walk if you decide not to be a lazy fecker. :)

Advertisement