Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 - Ocean City

Options
  • 19-01-2012 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Howye lads,

There are three, awful sound men from Galway, heading to Ocean City, Maryland on J1. In the middle of organizing now, wondering if there are many others doing the same? Let me know, and we might try sort out accommodation, jobs and all that together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ashest

well,

Myself and my girlfriend are headin over in may. Im from Sligo and shes from Wicklow. Were going to head over until September and just have the crack.
    Going to start looking for accommodation shortly so send me an email if ur interested il give u my gf email address ashwhite2006@hotmail.com

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I was thinking of going to New York, went on the J1 two years back, so there's a chance I might have a job half-sorted.

Only problem is I'm going on my lonesome cuz I'm the only one of my group still in college. If yous are looking to increase your numbers, make rent and bills cheaper, give me a shout. cianmartin88@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michaella

hey going to ocean city aswell this summer.. cant wait.. have flights booked and all at this stage. found a crowd on facebook, they are loads of help posted a list of places to get accommodation from and also a list of names and numbers of who hires J1ers! they brilliant!

this is the link anyways!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Outreach-Ocean-City-Maryland/179885652076984

anyone have any tips for a J1 in Ocean city 2012..... like any good places to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 _Cludo_

Heading over late may. Have nothing sorted and have me interview with the embassy in couple of weeks. Any info of where to apply for a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mybubble

hey 4 girls flying from cork the 25th of may for ocean city.wondering if any others flyin that date, into baltimore?.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mikeythomas90

mybubble wrote: »
    hey 4 girls flying from cork the 25th of may for ocean city.wondering if any others flyin that date, into baltimore?.........

Hey, what's the craic?

There's a few of us going from Cork/Kerry and we're flying out around then too! Can't wait now it's getting fair close! have ye accommodation sorted? There's a few good pages on Facebook that are providing great info on where to stay and all that...

Cheers,
    Mikey

• Registered Users Posts: 17 _Cludo_

Hey

I was talking to a landlord there last night. He has a place for 10 and there are 6 places gone. If there is a group of 4 looking mail me at claudia.mcclean@gmail.com .

I need to know by friday as thats when hes holding it until. And i have to let him know kinda thing!

thanks

Claudia
    mybubble wrote: »

Oh and there are 2 of us flyinf the 25th too mybubble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HaloThere

Looking to go to Ocean city summer 2013 from cork what is the best way to fly ....what airports ...airlines etc...plus any info on ocean city itself would be really appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ocean City,
    Nice spot
    Accomodation is expensive and what isn't expensive is "cramped".
    At the time there were 8 girls living in a two room "apartment", on the beach. Small enough with few "facilities".
    The weather was epic for the summer and there were plenty jobs at the time in the many pubs and restaurants and touristy places on and off the boardwalk.
    The cops there took very little sh1t, and rightly so, parties were closed down and underage was not at all accepted, like most of the States I suppose.
    Things may have changed a lot.
    You could fly to Balitmore/Washington/Philli and bus it from any of those places, or to New York for a longer bus journey. Lots of buses heading to OC as it is a real tourist spot.

Advertisement