Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Height Increasing Shoes

• 19-01-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there any shop in Dublin that stocks Height Increasing Shoes for Men? With the size of ladies killer heels these days I've begun to feel small on a night out, shoes that provide an extra 3 inches would get me up to 6ft which would be sweet.

I can find loads in the states and a few in the uk but nothing here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There's a shoe shop on Talbot Street called Shu Crazy (just up from the newish Tesco Express) that I saw black leather shoes with raised heels. The only thing is the style of them is a bit "old man" ish (at least I thought so).

The only other shoes that have higher heels for men that I can think of are cowboy boots but they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm 6'2" but wouldn't think a guy 3 inches below 6' is that small?? (then again I'm a guy so my opinion probably doesn't count! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I saw an ad on TV for some sort of half insoles that you put into your shoe at the heel end and it gives you an extra bit of height without needing extra heel height in your shoe. They fit well together, so you can use more than one at a time. Can't remember the name of them, though - sorry! Maybe a google search would throw up some answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Don't do it, it screams insecurity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

3 inches? Talk about subtle. Great way to draw attention to your height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

No offense but you'll feel worse if you're spotted in your platform shoes than if you're standing around taller people all night.

If you're feeling short, or are short, then there's a few things you can do to make you look taller/accentuate the height you do have including wearing wearing one colour (such as black pants with a black shirt) or wearing vertical stripes and ensuring your clothes fit you very well. Don't wear anything that'll draw attention to your chest downward like logos/pictures/etc.

The last thing you want is to highlight insecurities by rocking in like a member of the jackson 5 and pretending nobody noticed.

By the way, I'm 5"11 and never feel short, quite the opposite a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 007IRE

quietriot wrote: »
    No offense but you'll feel worse if you're spotted in your platform shoes than if you're standing around taller people all night.

If you're feeling short, or are short, then there's a few things you can do to make you look taller/accentuate the height you do have including wearing wearing one colour (such as black pants with a black shirt) or wearing vertical stripes and ensuring your clothes fit you very well. Don't wear anything that'll draw attention to your chest downward like logos/pictures/etc.

The last thing you want is to highlight insecurities by rocking in like a member of the jackson 5 and pretending nobody noticed.

By the way, I'm 5"11 and never feel short, quite the opposite a lot of the time.
    Of course you wouldn't feel short, you're 5'11.

Advertisement