Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that annoy you about UCD

Options
  • 19-01-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Every college has its positives and negatives, but this is Ireland, we don't focus on positives! So, what annoys you about UCD?

For me, at the moment in particular it's the hotness of the lectures, kind of uncomfortable and wish they would put the air conditioning on

Also, the lack of water coolers in the college is absolutely ridicolous, we had more coolers in our secondary school

The pointless adding of walls is also annoying me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

Every college has its positives and negatives, but this is Ireland, we don't focus on positives! So, what annoys you about UCD?

UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Is this different from the Irritations thread?
    A demarcation is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Maybe we can discuss things in this thread instead of the stupid no discussions rule in the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Maybe we can discuss things in this thread instead of the stupid no discussions rule in the other one

Man, I didn't realise you loved being shouted down by people with slightly different viewpoints than you.

Don't worry, we can provide plenty of judgemental bull**** to satisfy your needs. ;)

L wrote: »
    Man, I didn't realise you loved being shouted down by people with slightly different viewpoints than you.

Don't worry, we can provide plenty of judgemental bull**** to satisfy your needs. ;)

I'm on the internet, what else is there to love!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

rich1874 wrote: »
    UCD

Leave and don't come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

The pointless adding of walls is also annoying me.

I was wondering that! What's the point of the two new walls in the Newman building?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was wondering that! What's the point of the two new walls in the Newman building?
    It's to do with fire regulations - there will be doors to prevent fires from spreading, etc.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Auto closing fire doors don't you know

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Auto closing fire doors don't you know

Like the ones in health sciences library that fling open for no apparent reason and can't be closed from the inside. Meanwhile the library staff are looking for the fire that doesn't exist and everyone inside is freezing their backsides off!

Also I read the opening post to this thread as the hotness of lecturers making the OP uncomfortable. Gave me a laugh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement