Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Questions - Lost

Options
  • 19-01-2012 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there I live in a top floor apartment and am in the process of cancelling my sky subscription, not due to sky at all but due to having to pay over €100 to access the communal dish (I know its not much but it is really bugging me!).

Anyway I think I would like to get Freeview with a combi box, but my quesiton is does this mean I have to get an ariel and a dish installed.

I Live in an estate in Sandyford and I would think about 80% of the properties have what kinda looks like a dish but is much neater - you can see one on the gable wall of the ground floor apartment in this photo?
    What is this for?? Is it a dish? If so any recommendations on who to install?

Thanks in advance!
    bQH6CfUnmoFsrxFv_8vTOzB6FRCUlZgXft9RxCKlMAttPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's Freesat not Freeview.

You still need a satellite dish to receive it and an aerial for Saorview.

Is the €100 fee a once off for the communal dish-if not it's daylight robbery.

The pic you took doesn't give any great detail on what's on the wall,could be just receivers for wireless broadband.

If you have to put up your own dish then just connect the Skybox to it or do the management company not allow individual dishes on properties? Have any other properties got dishes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

freeview is something you get off an aerial in the uk same as saorview here so as previous said you need a dish for freesat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

deemur32 wrote: »
    Hi there I live in a top floor apartment and am in the process of cancelling my sky subscription, not due to sky at all but due to having to pay over €100 to access the communal dish (I know its not much but it is really bugging me!).

If you've already got Sky, presumably you're already connected to the communal dish? If so, who's asking for the €100 now?

Advertisement