Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Tour Card Qualifying School Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I see from that link that Dean Winstanley lost in 2nd round today, not a great start for him. Other stand out is that Andy Fordham had to withdraw (due to injury)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

I notice former BDO world champion Les Wallace lost in the second rd aswell.........now theres a name from the past:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I notice former BDO world champion Les Wallace lost in the second rd aswell.........now theres a name from the past:D

I was wondering alright was it him. thats a name i have not heard in a while.

how old is he now?

jamesbere wrote: »
    I was wondering alright was it him. thats a name i have not heard in a while.

how old is he now?

Think he's around 50 or so,he didnt do a whole pile since he won that, mcdanger my arse:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I see connie got knocked out in the 3rd round, but it looks like he will he 2 pts for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Think he's around 50 or so,he didnt do a whole pile since he won that, mcdanger my arse:rolleyes:

Les had a drink problem and did a bit of time for Drink driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Was Alan Warriner supposed to play in this?? Don’t see his name down in the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Tony West into last 8 game against Keegan Brown. A win here for Tony and he's got his PDC tour card which would be considered by many as a surprise,a lot of people thought he'd struggle here. Poor start for Winstanley but still 3 more days to qualify for a tour card. Joe Murnan and Jamie Lewis 2 players who narrowly missed out on qualifying for this year's Lakeside both reached the last 16.

buster180 wrote: »
    Was Alan Warriner supposed to play in this?? Don’t see his name down in the results
    I thought he was meant to play,I'm sure I read it on a thread here or in another forum but his name doesn't seem to be on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

Wonder what was wrong with andy fordham to go and than have to give it up was a waste of his time if he is not up to it yet i did hear he broke his leg before the BDO world championships so maybe that was the issue.

also did anyone notice John Gent Timed out during the first round 200 Sterling to Time Out(what does time out mean :))

• Advertisement

e21man wrote: »
    Wonder what was wrong with andy fordham to go and than have to give it up was a waste of his time if he is not up to it yet i did hear he broke his leg before the BDO world championships so maybe that was the issue.

also did anyone notice John Gent Timed out during the first round 200 Sterling to Time Out(what does time out mean :))

Timed out...it means he was disqualified for not being at the oche in time for his match.
    strange one with Warriner alright,i suppose he has 3 more days to try and get his card yet,be interesting to see if he turns up tomorrow

Richie Howson,Andrew Cornwall,Darren Whittingham and Tony West all win PDC tour cards from today's PDC Q school.

Timed out...it means he was disqualified for not being at the oche in time for his match.
    strange one with Warriner alright,i suppose he has 3 more days to try and get his card yet,be interesting to see if he turns up tomorrow

Thats crazy considering he probably registered that morning and missed his match such a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Tony West into last 8 game against Keegan Brown. A win here for Tony and he's got his PDC tour card which would be considered by many as a surprise,a lot of people thought he'd struggle here. Poor start for Winstanley but still 3 more days to qualify for a tour card. Joe Murnan and Jamie Lewis 2 players who narrowly missed out on qualifying for this year's Lakeside both reached the last 16.

Not that surprised west qualified.he did win a masters after all.he disappeared from the tv events for a few years due to personal issues I hear but given that he beat Kist in the masters a while back that wouldnt come as much of a shock.not that big a fan mind.

It would be a bit of a shock if Steve West qualified and Winstanley didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

How many places are available?
    4 each day anyway I'm guessing, but are there any further places for next best finishers.
    Would be fairly sick to be ultra consistent and get to the 'quarters finals' each day and lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

e21man wrote: »

Fordham had back problems according to the PDC site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

How many places are available?
    4 each day anyway I'm guessing, but are there any further places for next best finishers.
    Would be fairly sick to be ultra consistent and get to the 'quarters finals' each day and lose.

The semi-finalists (last four) from each day will earn a Tour Card, with ranking points allocated to players based on their finishing position in each day of play.

The 16 automatic Tour Card winners will be joined by at least the top 15 from the Qualifying School Order of Merit, with the potential for further places to be on offer should players not accept their Tour Card invitations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

any word on why waites + oshea didnt enter?

id say winstanly is sick he didnt take the card last year

His lost twin children, relationship broke up and he was drinking.

Sounds pretty sad to me for a man who won both the Worlds and Winmau World Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 maxidart

16 get tour card 4 each day and a futher 24 on offer on ranking sytem was only 15 on offer but because of entrys they made 24 aviable

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Fordham had back problems according to the PDC site.

Just read that he was only due to try out for 2 days surely if your back is not up to it now its not going to be up to it come the actual tour maybe its the last throw if the dice for him. i seen him at the BDO World Championships(On Telly) and he had piled on some of the weight again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

tony west has got his tour card. he got off to a bad start before the BDO WC by losing his darts. :) deano didn't too well yesterday but will have another few chances. mason won a few games so if keeps going , he has a chance to get his card

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

has anyone found out why Alan Warriner-Little wasn't playing? Hopefully he shows up today because I would like to see him on the tour this year.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    has anyone found out why Alan Warriner-Little wasn't playing? Hopefully he shows up today because I would like to see him on the tour this year.

He is not on the list again today along with no Andy Fordham.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 maxidart

were did u guy find draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

maxidart wrote: »
    were did u guy find draw

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2583108,00.html

it's updated throughout the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Connie Finnan had a good win 6-0 in the second round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

MBC wrote: »
    Connie Finnan had a good win 6-0 in the second round.

A lot of the local lads in the top quarter of the draw chasing one place.......

Connie Finnan 6-0 James Stoneley
    Andy Pearce 6-2 David Kelly
    Brandon Walsh v Wayne Morgan
    Stephen Hardy v Martin Perring
    Matt Padgett 6-4 Matthew Tedstone
    Steve West v Carlos Rodriguez
    Martin Whatmough v Jamie Lewis
    Andrew Hodges v Ian Moss
    John Turnbull 6-3 Rees Hall
    Gino Vos v Simon Craven
    Ken MacNeil v Daniel Day
    Keith Rooney v Aodhagan O'Neill
    David Charnock 6-2 Andrew Palmer
    Richie Walsh v Matt Clark
    Adrian Gray v Keith Stephen
    Campbell Jackson v Karl Forrington

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Just saw Connie Finnan has won his 4th round match 6-3. Fantastic result. Where does this guy play his darts? I've seen him mentioned on here numerous times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Kellett, Winstanley and West eile all still in the mix.

Advertisement