Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi tool in Lidl

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

cheers for the link, exactly what I am looking into for my GHB at the moment, it looks a bit heavy for my use, but interesting to see. This is currently top of my list http://www.outdooradventurestore.ie/products/knives/leatherman/vise_and_splice-3120.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

That is a beast! I have seen the hammer type ones before but never with a axe before.:confused:

It maybe a step too far to be useful, for €7 I will probably pick one up if I am in Lidl next week to try. However I think it maybe crap, I find even €100 Leatherman's a challenge to use sometimes as they are "ok" for most jobs but don't they do not really excel in any area. The hammer also looks like it would prevent the axe splitting wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

krissovo wrote: »
    I have seen the hammer type ones before but never with a axe before.

I have a beautiful axe / hammer / nail bar / medieval weapon thats much older than I am, it belonged to my grandfather, and I played with it as a child (health and safety anyone :eek:), still works brilliantly. Although it doesn't fold obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

I have one. Well.....my brother HAD one, and then I confiscated it!
    It's not the worst multitool, but just don't plan on ever using the axe unless you are into sharpening them as the one I have is only a year old and is very blunt with (as far as I know) next to no use.
    will post pics later if people want more on it.

will post pics later if people want more on it.

Pictures would be brilliant! I'm considering getting one just for emergencies , my bag doesnt have any multitool and I think that it really needs one ! I have two large tool boxes + shed here with tools so it'd be for emergencies.

RE: sharpening the axe, good job I got one of these today :D

• Advertisement

evilmonkee wrote: »
    Pictures would be brilliant! I'm considering getting one just for emergencies , my bag doesnt have any multitool and I think that it really needs one ! I have two large tool boxes + shed here with tools so it'd be for emergencies.

No problemo. and I must pick one of those up too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

evilmonkee wrote: »

Axe shapening :confused: a forgotten art and the ideal tools for the job are no longer readily available. The axe sharpening stones I have were picked up years ago for pence at carboot sales in the UK but google found me a similar modern version here but at a price :eek:

For a better look before I upload pics, this one is practically identical bar the handle and pouch. Cheaper too!

EDIT: This one is indistinguishable!

No problemo. and I must pick one of those up too!

or Aldi will be doing one of the block ones diamond sharpener Aldi from Thursday 26th

So here are a few shots of the multitool which I assume is the same as the one in Lidl. Let me know if you need any other angles.

taC9n.jpg
    G8XE4.jpg
    1Lsy6.jpg
    km4W0.jpg

And this is the multitool I picked up a couple of weeks ago and never uploaded!
    HzSxY.jpg
    FcGYm.jpg
    KEsDE.jpg
    uxzPS.jpg

This is the one currently in my get home bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

I have 2, found them in the trailer tent I bought. Not bad, worth 7 euro at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Very nice, I'll snap up one of them alright. I haven't seen the hammer/axe configuration before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

just rewatching 'Conspiracy theory'. I love the way they use Catcher in the rye to track people...

Perhaps multi tools at lidl serve the same purpose.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Axe shapening :confused: a forgotten art and the ideal tools for the job are no longer readily available

A mill rasp/file and a water or oil honing stone??:confused:
    Never knew there were specific axe honing stones.

This lad might be handy too!
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_17137.htm

Still cant belive how much we are being ripped off over here even in Lidil!!!
    Was for sale in Germany last month for 100 EUROS!!What price are they buying these in at??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hockey puck sharpeners Grizz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

This lad might be handy too!
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_17137.htm

Still cant belive how much we are being ripped off over here even in Lidil!!!
    Was for sale in Germany last month for 100 EUROS!!What price are they buying these in at??

The type of axe stone I'm on about is round disk up to 4cm thick and about 12cm across with a deep groove around the edge. Your fingers fit into the groove when you hold it. fig069.jpgYou can see one and how to use it here

I find this method here with a small rectangular stone less easy.

And the other joke with the Lidl genny is that its on special offer as the 200euro is reduced from its last price :rolleyes:

Advertisement