Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely UNACCEPTABLE service!

Options
  • 19-01-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Im posting this here as there is no point going thru the whole rigmarole with eircom on the phone. I hope someone will resolve this for me.

A week before we moved, I phoned up to do the whole change of address thing with customer care - they couldnt find a landline number at the address I gave them but told me there was a special offer on and reconnection would be FREE of charge..
    This was the week before Xmas and I was told I would be connected in the new year, fair enough, my broadband at the old address went off the next day in lieu.
    2 weeks ago, Im calling Customer Care AGAIN asking why Im not on, they say, sorry, we dont have any record of cancellation ~(despite disconnecting my broadband) and you will have to wait 10 days....
    So, as of today I STILL have no phone line, and have recieved a new account letter with a charge of 130 euros for connection!

Can someone please contact me to help with this, I am furious really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

BengaLover wrote: »
    Im posting this here as there is no point going thru the whole rigmarole with eircom on the phone. I hope someone will resolve this for me.

A week before we moved, I phoned up to do the whole change of address thing with customer care - they couldnt find a landline number at the address I gave them but told me there was a special offer on and reconnection would be FREE of charge..
    This was the week before Xmas and I was told I would be connected in the new year, fair enough, my broadband at the old address went off the next day in lieu.
    2 weeks ago, Im calling Customer Care AGAIN asking why Im not on, they say, sorry, we dont have any record of cancellation ~(despite disconnecting my broadband) and you will have to wait 10 days....
    So, as of today I STILL have no phone line, and have recieved a new account letter with a charge of 130 euros for connection!

Can someone please contact me to help with this, I am furious really.

Hi BengaLover
    I can certainly understand your frustration. Completely new lines should take approx 5 / 10 working days to provide and even given issues with weather over that period this should have been provided by now.
    Would you mind PM'ing me your tel no of current premises and any order no that you may have received and I can chase this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Still no developments.

Still no developments.

Hi BengaLover
    Yes you should have had a reply to this by now, let me chase again. I will have info later today.
    Tony

Still no developments.

Hi BengaLover
    My colleague Mark is cahsing this for you and has replied by PM.
    Tony

And STILL no contact from eircom.. 2 months without phone when 10 days quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

And STILL no contact from eircom.. 2 months without phone when 10 days quoted.

Hi BengaLover,

Apologies, no update as yet.

I have escalated the issue to the network operations manager for your area. To get a definitive update as to the delay, work need to instal the line and indication of competion.

I should be back to you tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Still no developments.

from a failed privatised utilities firm (over E3billon in debt) which pockets social welfare phone allowances of the elderly and unemployed by issuing deliberately misleading bills!

Read experiences of Miseaugustusa and myself in the below dialogues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056392537

This would be funny if it werent so disgraceful..still nothing..Guess Eircom doesnt want my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

UPC fitted my broadband and phone 4 days after my order. Why the hell you still waiting with service like that? If its that slow when you're giving money imagine what it'd be like if you had a problem.

(btw - I don't work for UPC or anything!! :) )

Dont think any other company can activate the line besides eircom, and as far as I know UPC not available where i live, otherwise I would, believe me...

• Advertisement

Dont think any other company can activate the line besides eircom, and as far as I know UPC not available where i live, otherwise I would, believe me...

Hi BengaLover,

I have been informed that a technican will be out Monday /Tuesday of next week. I will follow up with you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

Hi BengaLover,

Have you received any contact from technicans at all today?

Mark

None yet, thanks.

None yet, thanks.

Hi BengaLover,

ok, I will get back onto the technicans.

Mark

Hi BengaLover,

I have confirmed with the technicans he will out dealing with your order today and I will follow up with you this afternoon.

Thanks, Mark

None yet, thanks.

Hi BengaLover,

I see the technican has been out, can I confirm your phone line is up and running ok?

Thanks, Mark

Yes it is as of this aft, just hope i wont be sent a bill!
    Thanks for following up. I also hope i wont be charged line rental prior to today either..

Yes it is as of this aft, just hope i wont be sent a bill!
    Thanks for following up. I also hope i wont be charged line rental prior to today either..

Hi BengaLover,

The line rental only starts from the date of activation which is today 08/02/2012.

Thanks, Mark

First bill today and despite what I was told and my call charges being just over 2 euro total bill amounted to 91 euro - I WAS charged connection!

First bill today and despite what I was told and my call charges being just over 2 euro total bill amounted to 91 euro - I WAS charged connection!

Hi BengaLover

Under the section:

Your charges for this period:

First there is the monthly - (€20. 96 Excluding Vat) Or two monthly (€41.92 Excluding Vat) charge in advance for line rental.

- This is for the line rental for the first billing period in advance.

- If the broadband was connected before the first bill was issued the broadband will be charged a month / two months in advance as outlined with the line rental above.

* Vat is charged at 23% and is accumulated for all charges as a lump Vat sum at the end of the bill.

Connection charges:

This will outline the connection cost for the telephone line:

Depending on the type of connection:

Full Connection Fee 107.43 Exc Vat - This is when a new telephone line needs to be installed.

** If you have signed up to a promotion that includes free phoneline (which you did) The connection fee that is shown will have a corresponding credit for the same fee.

Part period charges (This is not a connection fee)

This is for line rental from the date the account was back with eircom, to the date the first bill was issued. This is a one off charge (only on the first bill) for those additional days or weeks back to the date in which the line was connected.

* The same charge (Part Period) will also show up for broadband service rental on the the first bill after the broadband was connected. This will also be a one off charge .

Part period charges (This is not a connection fee)

This is for line rental from the date the account was back with eircom, to the date the first bill was issued. This is a one off charge (only on the first bill) for those additional days or weeks back to the date in which the line was connected.

* The same charge (Part Period) will also show up for broadband service rental on the the first bill after the broadband was connected. This will also be a one off charge .

I have credited the postage and packaging charge of 9.91 on your bill as that was incorrect. That charge will show up as a credit on your next bill.

If you would like me to elaborate on any of the above please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement