Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change "My number" in settings\phone

• 19-01-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭

a couple of times when I've sent an imessage, the recipient sees the 083 number of my sim, rather than my actual 087 number. This seems to only happen with imessage - any time i send a normal text or make a call the recipient sees my 087 number (or my name if in their address book).

How to fix this?

(i switched from a personal account to a business account with 3, am new to iphone 4s and to iMessage, so i may have not set it up right. )

I did a restore to get the 9A406 update could it have happened at that point?

I had this posted in the imessage thread - culabula says that he has an arrow beside the number that allows him to change / edit but i don't have this arrow. There doesn't seem to be any way to change it in itunes either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

ablelocks wrote: »
    a couple of times when I've sent an imessage, the recipient sees the 083 number of my sim, rather than my actual 087 number. This seems to only happen with imessage - any time i send a normal text or make a call the recipient sees my 087 number (or my name if in their address book).

How to fix this?

(i switched from a personal account to a business account with 3, am new to iphone 4s and to iMessage, so i may have not set it up right. )

I did a restore to get the 9A406 update could it have happened at that point?

I had this posted in the imessage thread - culabula says that he has an arrow beside the number that allows him to change / edit but i don't have this arrow. There doesn't seem to be any way to change it in itunes either.

I have a major problem with this as well, the format of the"my number" has become distorted. I'm in the US and the number format is (917) xxx xxxx but for some reason "my number" in setting is showing as (91) 7xxx xxxx. And when I get txts they come in on the same format (91) xxxx xxxx so it cant match the number to the numbers in my phone book - really annoying!

I've tried hard reset and restoring and still cant fix it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    I have a major problem with this as well, the format of the"my number" has become distorted. I'm in the US and the number format is (917) xxx xxxx but for some reason "my number" in setting is showing as (91) 7xxx xxxx. And when I get txts they come in on the same format (91) xxxx xxxx so it cant match the number to the numbers in my phone book - really annoying!

I've tried hard reset and restoring and still cant fix it!

Settings > General > International > Region Format.

Can't change the settings there?

Settings > General > International > Region Format.

Can't change the settings there?

Yeah tried that, when I click the US option it shows the number in the correct format (408) 555-1212 but "my number" is still showing (91) xxxx xxxx

:mad::confused::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

crapman - have you an iphone 4s as well (with the 9A406 update)?

just checked my wife's iphone and she has the option to edit "my number"

ablelocks wrote: »
    crapman - have you an iphone 4s as well (with the 9A406 update)?

just checked my wife's iphone and she has the option to edit "my number"

Yeah I have a 4s - im showing a 9a405 version (and the phone is showing the version as up to date)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

thanks for that, just sorted my phone as well !

Finally fixed mine

Just went into settings and reset all my settings and went back to normal

Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Its an annoying one, but good to get fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭shanec1928

my number dosnt come up and there is no way to edit it. i have the 4s bought from apple will the above sort that or because in payg the number wont appear?

** done the above link and it worked cheers

Advertisement