Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A&P Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Thought you all may like to know, I got a flyer in the door this morning from Old Bawn Veterinary Clinic saying during the month of March they are offering any pet over the age of 8 a full health check for €20. This includes:
    -Teeth
    -Eyes
    -Ears
    -Heart & Lungs
    -Arthritis assessment
    -Weight Measurement
    -Urinalysis

It also states any follow up treatments/tests will have reductions. Their website is www.myvet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

wish they were doing that in Kerry! One of my guys is 9 now and he hasn't had a check up in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Blueprint wrote: »
    14% off to ALL customers at Zooplus until Friday: exclusive Valentine's treat for all our loyal customers, Get 14% off all orders over £40 with coupon code: LOVEZOOPLUS or if you are using our .ie site, please use coupon code: IELOVEZOOPLUS. Offer valid until 11pm 17th Feb 201

Bought Naturediet for the dog, as you can only get that on the Irish and UK sites!

Thanks a million for this, going ordering a new collar for himself and a few other bits and pieces tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Javari.co.uk have loads of boots reduced - for walking the dogs :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I bought this deal for Petshoponline With the voucher i can get a 2kg bag of various Feline Royal Canin for €12.50 incl delivery. Cheapest ive been able to get yet :D

You can get a free lukullus lamb dog bone when you use the TASTY-TREAT coupon on zooplus.ie until 11pm 02.03.12. Pity you can't use two coupons at once or I would have gotten one, look quite nice in the picture. Also seems to be €10 off the 15kg bags of the lukullus dry food, quite good if you feed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭olie77

Hi Guys I got an e-mail from pigsback this morning with an offer for elephant dog beds at 53% off, unfortunately the offer is only for the small bed but for anyone with a small pet these are great. I have 2 for my 2 lads and they love them. They are very easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth and they will last forever. Hope this might be of some help to some of you as the offer is for the next 4 days.
    Here is the link
    http://www.pigsback.com/Pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=7642%2C7642%2CVOVE&utm_source=MegaDealAlert&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=TheMegaDeal

Ollie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Just got this in my email this morning in case anyone is interested.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1482/deals/281148-dog-grooming-session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hey,

Not sure if anyone has posted this here already. But in the endless pursuit of cheaper dog food, I think I've found the cheapest and handiest method.
    Amazon do this subscribe and save business where you can specify the interval you wish to have the food sent out (I've no room to store bulk for cheaper prices) So I now get 15kg of James Wellbeloved sent automatically every 2 months for approx €44. Which isn't bad.

Here's the full list of what's available for doggies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks, I had no idea you could do this! 10% is a pretty decent saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Have any of you guys bought direct from the C&D factory in longford? My husband was passing this week and went in. He got 18 tins of dog food made for sainsburys for 6 euro. These were rejects because a tin of dunnes dog food was put in packs. He also got 60 of the small tinfoil pouches of cat food. These were tesco brand and cost 6e there was a special on buy 30 get 30 free. These were rejects as they were dented. They also sell among many other things the large bags of dried food that usually costs 50/55 e for 15e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

www.groupon.ie

€12 for €25 to spend at Pet Shop Online (Up to 52% Off)

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/pet-shop-online/3806179

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Discodog wrote: »

Aldi have some specials on Sunday too.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week11Sunday12.htm

...Has anyone tried that Lidl dog sausage thing - I need something high value for some training sessions. Usually the mankier we think it is the more the dogs love it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Thanks, I had no idea you could do this! 10% is a pretty decent saving.

Yeah! It was sent on a Friday, arrived on a Tuesday. So no complaints about the delivery time. It's just so handy for us, as we've nowhere to store the extra bag if we buy more than one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

15% off in Petmania this weekend (10% if spend < €50) with this voucher :

http://www.petmania.ie/utilities/special-offers/download-st-patrick's-day-coupon/

Should get me good value if I buy something already on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

I just can recommend them. Have been working for my dogs over the past 10 years!
    The Deal: Protect you Dogs and Cats from Fleas and Ticks with this 100 Percent Natural Product from Baltic Amber Design - SMALL Dogs & Cats!!!!
    http://www.dealrush.ie/deal.php?id=2338

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Discodog wrote: »

Got the extendable lead for €6.99 it's excellent has poop bags on it too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just got the below message from equipet!

VIP Alert! Get your dog or cat microchipped for E15 at Equipet Drogheda Sat 24th March 12.00 to 4.00 PM. Carried out by DSPCA Team. Tel 041 9807410

10% off on zooplus.co.uk until 28/03 - 10-OFF
    Happy days - the waterproof mat has been punctured after 2+ years of loyal service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Not really a bargain alert, more good value if interested.

www.aldiphotos.ie

I just got in the post today posters of my dogs. I downloaded the free Aldi photo software, picked the photos I wanted from my hard drive and did up a few posters. I thought it was good value: two 30 x 45cm and one 50 x 75cm + postage for €17. They look great on the wall!

Great value in regular photos too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Got a text from equipet, don't know how much of a bargain it is though!

VIP Equipet Alert Easter Offers - Wood Kennels fm 64.99 Petsafe Radio Fence 199 Dentastix 28pk fm 6.44 60lt Aquarium 59.99 Offers end 29 April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

just got back from maxi zoo in tallaght
    2kg bags of hills science plan for cats €12.99..€5 off! not all varieties but the standard adult in different flavours

also royal canin for dogs and cats 10kg bags €50 on adverts.ie post €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Might be of interest to some who hike with their dog or even anyone who's outdoorsy.

Not sure if there's many stores in the east, but Connaught Gold have a great pair of Regatta hiking boots for E25. Find them great for walking the dog in the crappy weather we get as well as when hiking the mountains. Waterproof, comfortable and warm. Very sturdy boot as hiked Benbulben mountain and they did great keeping my feet dry through boggy terrain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Are there any Zooplus promo codes knocking around? :o

Also, what are peoples experience with delivery? Fast/slow etc.. I'm shopping around at a lot at the moment, so i'm trying to get a good deal :).

Léan wrote: »
    Are there any Zooplus promo codes knocking around? :o

Also, what are peoples experience with delivery? Fast/slow etc.. I'm shopping around at a lot at the moment, so i'm trying to get a good deal :).

Ah you just missed the easter one!! They usually have them around holidays so will probably have another one at the next bank holiday ;) I wonder if they'll have anything funny for the jubilee thing in the uk lol - I've noticed there's always promos/a free toy on the UK site but never the IE one anymore:mad: I've been using them for years and only ever had promblems with orders that were being handled by DHL so I always use GLS. Usually comes in less than a week.

Oh wait there's one today on zooplus.co.uk for puppy or kitten stuff!

For all you proud owners of a new puppy or kitten:

Here’s an EXCLUSIVE coupon code for an EXTRA £3 off everything in the puppy & kitten departments!

Food, toys, treats and more... Valid For 2 DAYS Only!

Enter Coupon Code: TINYPAWS at the checkout to redeem your discount.

Oh wait there's one today on zooplus.co.uk for puppy or kitten stuff!

For all you proud owners of a new puppy or kitten:

Here’s an EXCLUSIVE coupon code for an EXTRA £3 off everything in the puppy & kitten departments!

Food, toys, treats and more... Valid For 2 DAYS Only!

Enter Coupon Code: TINYPAWS at the checkout to redeem your discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got emailed a 10% off online orders from Equipet and theyll also give another 10% to the DSPCA so if anyone isn't on their mailing list and wants the code, pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was just in Petstop on Airside, 6Euro off any JUNIOR Royal Canin 1.5-4kg.

3KG bags are 21.50 so now down to 15.50 which is a great price, shame they aint doin it for the adult stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maxizoo have a few offers at the moment
    http://www.maxizoo.ie/offers.html?&no_cache=1

Was in Maxizoo Maynooth today and there is a quite a good weekend sale going on, finishes on sunday as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Spotted this offer on one of those deals sites:

VET is in Cork btw

€25 for Annual Dog Vaccinations with Full Health Check, Weight Evaluation and Dental Examination at Toby Vet

link with the details and fine print:

http://foffit.com/deals/cork_tobyvet_02

4 days remain to buy the voucher but it's valid for longer

Our hydro place has an offer on for May (they're on FB) :). They're just past Dogs Trust 2 mins from the Finglas M50 ramps. Prepare to get splashed if you take your dog lol :D

For the month of May Sharpwells K9 Hydro Centre are offering 50% off all first time hydrotherapy sessions,that's just €12.50 per swim.Not forgetting past and present clients who will also receive a 50% discount for one session.

Some terms and conditions may apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭olie77

tk123 wrote: »
    Our hydro place has an offer on for May (they're on FB) :). They're just past Dogs Trust 2 mins from the Finglas M50 ramps. Prepare to get splashed if you take your dog lol :D

For the month of May Sharpwells K9 Hydro Centre are offering 50% off all first time hydrotherapy sessions,that's just €12.50 per swim.Not forgetting past and present clients who will also receive a 50% discount for one session.

Hi I have 2 dogs that would love to come and try out your pool, my setter loves to swim but my little terrier who needs to loose just a little weight only ever goes into the water far enough to wet his paws. Could you pm me with more details
    thanks
    ollie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I have heard it all now.

olie77 wrote: »

Hi I have 2 dogs that would love to come and try out your pool, my setter loves to swim but my little terrier who needs to loose just a little weight only ever goes into the water far enough to wet his paws. Could you pm me with more details
    thanks
    ollie

Sorry my post reads like we own the place - we're just (happy) customers!! :) I'll PM you the contact number.

Sappa wrote: »

I have heard it all now.

Don't knock it til you've tried it! If I had one closer to me I'd be there in a shot! Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise for a dog, exercises all the muscles while taking the pressure off joints. Especially for a dog with or recovering from orthopedic issues it's worth all the money as it builds all the muscles back up again in a safe environment.

Are there any zooplus coupons knocking around before I put in an order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Zapperzy wrote: »

I have heard it all now.

Don't knock it til you've tried it! If I had one closer to me I'd be there in a shot! Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise for a dog, exercises all the muscles while taking the pressure off joints. Especially for a dog with or recovering from orthopedic issues it's worth all the money as it builds all the muscles back up again in a safe environment.

Are there any zooplus coupons knocking around before I put in an order?
    What's wrong with the river or sea at least it's the dog is not swimming in other dogs piss and excrement.

• Advertisement

What's wrong with the river or sea at least it's the dog is not swimming in other dogs piss and excrement.

Well my dog will happily piss in the same puddle/river/lake that he's just drank out of or played in. :confused: I would imagine these hydrotherapy centres have some sort of filtration system or change the water between each animal. The water is also heated. I don't want to completely derail this thread so just have a read through this http://www.caninecountryclub.ie/chrc/caninehydrotherapy.php Hydrotherapy is also used for people too so why not extend that benefit to animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Livingsocial.com have a deal for a groom and vet check for 20 euro for small dog, 25 for medium and 30 for large dog. The groomers are called top dog and are based in kinvara Galway. I don't get my dog groomed but sounds like a good deal if anyone else is interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Would anyone know where is doing affordable microchipping? I heard about it before but can't remember who's offering it. It was for about €15 if I remember correctly.
    We've a new rescued pup who can't wear a collar for a week or two due to skin damage on his neck so we want to get him chipped asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bubblefett wrote: »
    Would anyone know where is doing affordable microchipping? I heard about it before but can't remember who's offering it. It was for about €15 if I remember correctly.
    We've a new rescued pup who can't wear a collar for a week or two due to skin damage on his neck so we want to get him chipped asap
    Where are you based? I know the DSPCA travel around Dublin to various shopping centres etc and do low cost microchipping schemes. Maybe contact the ISPCA to see if theres something similar nationwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maxizoo has €10 off Red Mills Leader 15kg bags at the moment - around the €40 mark for a bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

bubblefett - I don't know where you're based but my local vet in Celbridge, Beaufield Vets, have an offer on chipping at the moment for 20 Euro. They also have offers on vaccinations and other things listed on their website. And imho, they're great vets too - even our scardiest cat will relax with them and she normally hates everyone and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Gadeia

Bubblefett, this may interest you
    MICROCHIPPING FOR €15.00 THIS SAT @ EQUIPET NAVAN!
    Get your dog or cat microchipped for just €15 this Sat, 19 May, 12noon - 4pm. Carried out by DSPCA team. Tel 046 903 1446 for more details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My vets in Limerick/Shannon, Treaty veterinary clinic are doing free microchipping for any dog or cat getting neutered in may! Not sure how much the neutering is, but great to get a free chip :)

Guys I posted this in another thread but thought I'd mention it here too - zooplus.de have some good deals on travel crates - atlas, clipper etc. The atlas 100 is €79 - they're almost double that from petshops here!

http://www.zooplus.de/ask?q=atlas&num=20&form=search

(Use chrome and it'll translate for you)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I've been looking here for Royal Canin Veterinary Gastrointestinal Dog Food. I bought a 14kg bag from my vet this morning for €91.

Petmeds.co.uk are doing free delivery to Ireland on this at £60.95 so approx €76, and if you place a recurring order, you get a few more % off.

Anyone know a better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

clancger wrote: »
    I've been looking here for Royal Canin Veterinary Gastrointestinal Dog Food. I bought a 14kg bag from my vet this morning for €91.

Petmeds.co.uk are doing free delivery to Ireland on this at £60.95 so approx €76, and if you place a recurring order, you get a few more % off.

Anyone know a better option?

My dog was on this for 3 months but has done better since I put her on a sensitive food supplemented by cooked white fish & potato. Have you thought of a home cooked or raw diet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement