Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A&P Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I was in Pet Palace today on Parnell St and they had a habitrail ovo setup on sale for €65 rather than €130 or something. Not suitable for a Syrian hamster, but good for mice maybe or some gerbils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

10% off all orders today on zooplus.co.uk with the coupon DIAMOND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Petmania have a few offers on at the moment on cat food, if you buy 2 bags of science plan you get a free food storage drum, and there is a free toy (which my cats adore!) with any 1.5 or 2 kg bag of royal canin. There may be offers on dog food too but I was in a rush so didnt see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Cat litter and Supa Fish food in Aldi from the 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

£3 off your next zooplus.co.uk order until 11pm on Thurs 14th of June - THIRTEEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Molly's has 6x15kg bags of royal canin medium adult dog food for sale at €33. It has an expiry date of 31/8/12. Free delivery for orders €30.
    http://www.mollys.ie/short-date-royal-canin-medium-adult-dog-food.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

€10 off 12kg bag of barking heads in Petworld until end of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was in Newry today and we had a bit of time to kill before an appointment so popped into Jollyes pet store on the Dublin Rd (the road that leads down towards the Quays shopping centre).

Turns out they are closing that branch and have opened another one down opposite the big retail park with B&Q/Smyths/Currys etc. The girl behind the counter gave me a voucher for 15% off anything in the new store - plus they were doing pound for euro on cash sales. Went down to the new shop, lovely big place, set up like a petmania/maxizoo type and ended up spending €95 on a trolley FULL of food, bed, new tags, treats and supplements for the dogs. And I got a 15% off voucher for my next purchase.

So it works out at around 35% off EVERYTHING if you get the voucher in the old shop and take into account the exchange rate and pay cash. OR - I went back in to get a harness for my nieces dog which was only 7.99 and he gave me another voucher so if you buy something small or ask nicely you might just get a voucher first:)

And the voucher is valid until the end of August, but I don't know how long they'll be giving them out for. Also don't know if the pound for euro thing is just a promo or an ongoing thing. I was too exited to ask questions:D

I usually tend not to buy in the north as I worked in retail for 18 odd years and it has ruined trading in the south but this was too good to pass up.:o

http://www.jollyes.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

£5 off any order on Zooplus uk, worked for me last week.

AP-XE3F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    £5 off any order on Zooplus uk, worked for me last week.

AP-XE3F

Do any of these uk codes work for .ie ? I find the prices way higher on uk for the cat and dog food that I usually buy and the exchange rate is so bad at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Binka wrote: »
    Do any of these uk codes work for .ie ? I find the prices way higher on uk for the cat and dog food that I usually buy and the exchange rate is so bad at the moment

No I don't think the UK codes work on .ie site.

Do you spend over €100 then there is a STOCKUPANDSAVE code which gives 5% off.

I would buy alot so Zooplus offered me the chance to join their 'Savings Plan'. I paid £20 which gives me 5% off every purchase for the next 3 years. This discount is applied automatically at checkout and I think it works on all their sites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

was gonna buy a cat tree off zooplus.ie as it was 10% off first order...now it has changed to 5% and the .co.uk site has changed from 5% to 10%. If I just wait will ti go back up to 10?

was gonna buy a cat tree off zooplus.ie as it was 10% off first order...now it has changed to 5% and the .co.uk site has changed from 5% to 10%. If I just wait will ti go back up to 10?

I'd wait until the BH next week - they usually have offers on. ;) Also compare the prices with .de and .es - the supplement I get is €15 cheaper on .es.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah thanks I see it is the same price on the german site but I get 10% off there!

That's good or if somebody does that thing where they refer me and I get 10% on the irish site .o/

ah thanks I see it is the same price on the german site but I get 10% off there!

That's good or if somebody does that thing where they refer me and I get 10% on the irish site .o/

It doesn't really matter which site you order from, it will take just as long to deliver if you order from the Irish site or the German site as everything comes from Koln in Germany. It normally takes a week to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thegmacca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I posted this in bargain alerts but it may be of interest to people on this forum also:

I don't know if people head north anymore for the weekly shop but if you do, call into Jolleys on the Dublin road they will give you a voucher for 15% off everything at their new store on the Armagh road. The voucher is valid to 31/8/12. No restrictions other than must be used on one transaction.

20% off accessories on zooplus.be - SOLDES2012ETE. Delighted as I not only did I find the gadget I wanted for €10 less here than .co.uk I get 20% off too! :D:D

tk123 wrote: »
    20% off accessories on zooplus.be - SOLDES2012ETE. Delighted as I not only did I find the gadget I wanted for €10 less here than .co.uk I get 20% off too! :D:D

where you find these? Got it for any other country? The thing I wanted was put up 10e on that site so it works out the same :(

• Advertisement

where you find these? Got it for any other country? The thing I wanted was put up 10e on that site so it works out the same :(

Well the thing I wanted is french so I tried the .fr site and saw it was a fiver cheaper.. so then I checked all the other sites!
    It's a joke that you have to check prices on the different sites when they all come from the same warehouse! :mad:

I got this - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_grooming_care/grooming_tools/perfect_care/275989

so £49.50 = €61.69 on .co.uk compared to €31.60 from .be (20% and 5% loyalty scheme)!! I can't wait for it to come lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice looking Dogs bed over on Boards Deals at the moment.

35Euro instead of 74.

Bit too small for our boxer but looks pretty cool

https://www.boardsdeals.ie/deal/35-instead-of-74-for-Designer-Luxury-Scruffs-Dog-Bed-from-PetShopOnlineie/1016/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Living social deal today €22 for microchip and health check at oran vet clinic in oranmore, galway.

Up to €20 of dog food at dogfooddirect.ie according to their fb page as they are moving warehouse and are trying to reduce stock levels. They are willing to haggle, so give them a ring, by the looks of the comments they are going fast, I will be on to them tomorrow. Certain brands have much more off than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

There's a discount store called DEALZ in Athlone (I think it might be a chain store)

€1.50 for three ramekins, perfect for water bowls when Mrs Boa dropped a litter of squirmy wriggly babies on her heat mat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I get my zooplus food from .de...its always cheaper, and afaik it all comes from germany...

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

This might come in handy for the likes of medicanimal, petmeds, vetuk who offer free uk shipping - works out at half the price of normal shipping to Ireland! Food exceeds the limits but would be handy for medicines etc. Also vetuk will only deliver some of the spot ons to uk addresses. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Un-Stuck!

Un-Stuck!

SAKE!! I clicked in thinking you were sharing a bargain with us! ;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

The Dublin SPCA team will be microchipping dogs from 11.30 – 3.30 at

Maxi Zoo Bray on Friday 27th July

Maxi Zoo Maynooth on Saturday 28th July

Maxi Zoo Naas on Friday 10th August

http://www.dspca.ie/cat_news_detail.jsp?itemID=3410&n=0&p=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thought this was a pretty good deal from Groupon http://www.groupon.ie/deals/cork/toby-vet-clinic/8533008?awc=4345_1343322857_5781029dc937a9b81f06373343272174&CID=IE_AFF_1047_10_1_1&utm_source=aff_1047&utm_medium=aff_10&utm_campaign=aff_1&utm_content=aff_1&nlp Dog or Cat Health Check With Vaccinations, Weight Evaluation and Dental Examination for €26 at Toby Vet Clinic (Cork)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Royal Canin Cat 400g dry bags on special again in Petstop in Blanch. So, got 2kg (5 x 400g) for €14.95. Happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If anybody knows of anywhere doing promo's on Canin Dog food please let me know, sometimes they knock 15euro off a 60euro 12kg bag, running kinda low

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

If anybody is looking to buy a new rabbit hutch, go to zooplus.de its the german site, google translate german to english, go to rabbit hutches and on the bottom right you will see Rabatt auf Nagerheime, click this and it will give you a list of the hutches it applys to, put you hutch in your basket and when you checkout you get another 20 euro off,:D plus free delivery to ireland once its over 70 euro. Valid till 12-08-12, Happy days, enjoy your shoping:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Clearance offers here this week and shipping to Ireland is a flat €6.00 approx.

http://www.munajuree.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

For the month of August Homestore and more have half price pet goods, mainly bed, toys and treat.

The bed are fab....Memory foam bed for 15 euro

scudzilla wrote: »
    If anybody knows of anywhere doing promo's on Canin Dog food please let me know, sometimes they knock 15euro off a 60euro 12kg bag, running kinda low

Maxizoo have the bags with a couple of extra kgs in them and I've just gotten a mail from zooplus from the same so maybe shop around online and see who has the best offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Maxi Zoo in Clearwater is buy one get a second half price on the Royal Canin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maxizoo have some good offers on stuff this month - got a 15kg bag of Red Mills for €32!

http://www.maxizoo.ie/offers.html?&no_cache=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Maxizoo have some good offers on stuff this month - got a 15kg bag of Red Mills for €32!

http://www.maxizoo.ie/offers.html?&no_cache=1
    What would that be usually?

€35 is the normal price in any CO-OP I was ever in for that stuff! I wouldn't spend more than €18 on a 15kg myself. Get great ones at that price, 27% protein, any € over that is just profit.

Can get pigs ears for a euro each in some vets aswell, Maxizoo is something like double that.

Don't get me started on the rip off that is the price they charge for Vet Bed, can be got for...like a third of the price online.

Place is a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

The lad behind the counter where I buy my dog toys always gives me a cow's ear for each dog, or a rabbits ear..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

MICROCHIPPING WITH
    Maxi Zoo and the DSPCA have teamed up to microchip the cats & dogs of
    Ireland! Simply bring your pet (only on the dates / store locations shown
    below) to get your pet microchipped for just €25 , or for free when you
    register to become a monthly supporter. The DSPCA is happy to microchip
    all dogs but all listed breeds must be muzzled. See instore for times etc.
    Maxi Zoo Naas 10th August
    Maxi Zoo Waterford 18th August
    Maxi Zoo Carlow 31st August
    Maxi Zoo Clonmel 1st September
    Maxi Zoo Douglas 14th September
    Maxi Zoo Ballincollig 15th September
    Maxi Zoo Midleton 28th September
    Maxi Zoo Limerick 29th September
    Maxi Zoo Longford 12th October

http://www.maxizoo.ie/uploads/media/August_Sale.pdf

20% off accessories on zooplus.co.uk code - BIG-SAVINGS ;) Must resist temptation to buy something!!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Crates half price on dog food direct. Free delivery as well.

http://dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/search/?term=crate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Any codes for Zooplus at the moment? Need to buy some food :o.

Léan wrote: »
    Any codes for Zooplus at the moment? Need to buy some food :o.

This is the only one I have come across:

http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/zooplus

14% off for new customers spending over £69 + free P&P.

To access: create a new (temp.) email address but continue to use existing credit card details and postal address.

Part of an email I got from ZooPlus this morning:

"Stock up now (or try Burns for the first time) and we'll give you£5.00 Off your order!

Just add £39.00 or more of Burns products to your cart and enter the coupon codeFIVER-OFF into the 'Your coupon code' box at checkout then click redeem. Coupon is valid until 11pm 18.09.2012."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone going to Pet Expo with their family might be interested in this offer:

http://megadeals.pigsback.com/megadeal/46579?utm_source=Local&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20120912

There has been alot of mention on the "Bargain Alerts" forum of the online supplement company iherb.com

I have started using them recently for supplements for myself. They only sell top branded supplements from reputable companies in America.

They sell a range of supplements for cats, dogs, etc.

One of my dogs gets the joint aid Yumove from the UK. But I found this one on iherb: http://www.iherb.com/Pet-Naturals-of-Vermont-Hip-Joint-Extra-Strength-For-Dogs-120-Chicken-Liver-Flavored-Chewable-Tablets/17758

It works out substantially cheaper and the ingredients have much higher percentages which might be better for joint aid.

iherb just announced that postage is free to Ireland for orders below $80.

To be on the safe side keep your order between $50-$60 or it might be stopped by customs. The free international post (DHL via An Post) is best. If you use a courier (eg DHL) for the full journey your order will get stopped and you have to pay extra to get it released. (This is all explained on the site.)

Also if you look around you can get a $10 discount for your first order.

(I just placed my 2nd order this week for myself - if this is delivered successfully I am thinking of ordering the joint aid supplement for my dog.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

There's a website, I think it's based in the north somewhere
    http://www.urbanpup.ie/
    I've bought a few cute tshirts for my dog on it but the also sell collars, leads etc. please don't start a bashing on how I shouldn't dress my dog :)
    Anyway for anyone who's interested here's a 20% off code. I've used it about 3 times there's no expiry on it and can be used multiple times, just enter it at checkout

YVQAVRXDUU3919

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

www.iherb.com rocks! Can't remember who put me on to it, but I have used it for a few years now for things like fish oil, glucosamine, slippery elm, devil's claw and also calcium for my renal doglet on a home-cooked diet. :) Their L-Lysine is brilliant value too - the NOW brand does a powdered variety, way easier to sprinkle on a cat's food than the bullet-like Sona tablets you get here!

Have never had my deliveries intercepted by Customs yet, touch wood!

Advertisement