Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best commute towns near Limerick?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

TONY DAY wrote: »
    Why in Gods name would someone like to live out in the Sticks?? Honestly!! I can't get my head around it. You have to get into the car and drive just to get basic groceries. If you live in town or in a suburb just outside the city centre you can walk everywhere.
    Is that why country people are generally fatter than city people.
    TONY DAY wrote: »
    Ah come on now Killaloe/Ballina your having a laugh!!!

Add something useful to this thread, Tony, or else don't post in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TONY DAY

Ah Insect your no fun at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stakerwallace

source wrote: »
    Adare is a traffic nightmare!

If you don't get out of the city at just the right time you can be stuck in huge tailbacks.

And if there's anything on in the manor, just forget about heading out there at all. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful place but I for one couldn't be dealing with the traffic.

Edit: I feel I should probably add something positive to this post as the above is very negative.

Good spots, Cratloe great little village with forest park, playground, national school and pub and shops. Only 10 from town and airport by N18 dual carriageway.

Ballina/Kilaloe, together they make up a pretty decent town. 15 to 20 mins by motorway (M7) to city. Restaurants and takeaways (Indian Chinese chippers) bars, petrol stations, it's on the mouth of lough derg, absolutely beautiful. There can be some problems with traffic as there is only one narrow bridge connecting the two and it is a big day trip spot when the weather is good. But it usually flows pretty well.

Nenagh, big town, pretty much every amenity you could think of. Administrative centre for north Tipperary, it has banks, hospital, shopping, restaurants and bars, cinema, everything you could want really. Half hour from city by M7.

North Circular Road in Limerick is great if you can afford it: beautiful houses, huge gardens, traffic is quiet except in the mornings, tranquil, very green and the city is 5-10 minutes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

North Circular Road in Limerick is great if you can afford it: beautiful houses, huge gardens, traffic is quiet except in the mornings, tranquil, very green and the city is 5-10 minutes away.

It's hardly a commuter town now is it :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stakerwallace

h3000 wrote: »
    It's hardly a commuter town now is it :)

A much better alternative: within the city, 10 mins walk to centre, and all the amenities you need without urban clutter.
    I lived there for years, some years ago, and it was as near as you could get to nature while still being beside a city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

TONY DAY, I cant live in the city because Im a town/coastal girl. I was born in Tramore. I also cant drive so I cant be in the middle of nowhere either.

Before anyone asks, I have epilepsy and cant get a driving license.

I have checked out Killaloe/Ballina. They seem perfect and cheap enough for great quality houses. The question there is...how is the public transport for Killaloe and Ballina? Does anyone know? I will need all shops and a pharmacy etc near me but easy transport to the city is also handy for me.

Ive been keeping an eye on Castleconnell and ill have to write down the rest because theres so many. I love scenery and I dread leaving the seaside. nothing beats the view and sound of the ocean but Lough Derg etc. seem fabulous.

I really appreciate all this. Thank you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Clonlara isn't even 10 minutes from Limerick. Everything you need is very close by and apart from the crime the place is grand......

Advertisement