Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is enough, getting bored!!

Options
  • 19-01-2012 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Sooooooo,

TTC way too long, been through all the tests, have a few little probs but nothing major. I'm 34, he's 40, ttc nearly 5 years.

Well, the heading says it all really.....we have 'doing it' down to a few minutes between the ads, tried doing it just at the right time, at the end of the cycle, start, middle, twice a day, once a week, everyday, every other day....and then, well then we didn't do it for about 6 months......

You could nearly say we're just starting now for the first time.
    We're lucky he has no problem...performing:o, but if we try to do it every other day and then everyday on ov days, well, the poor man can't possibly keep going, and i just get peed off as well.

How bloody much is enough.......and how important is it at the non ov times of the month

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I learned a lot about it from the Ovulation Induction+Timed Intercourse course of treatment in the Fertility Clinic.

In my case, I was given Clomid during the first week, to stimulate my ovaries, then around day 10-12 was scanned to see how the follicles were maturing. If there were mature eggs on that day then the trigger shot was taken that evening, and around 40 hours later I would ovulate. We were told to do the deed once before and once after ovulation - any more depletes the sperm supply. I think we timed it so that it was 12 hrs before ovulation and about 8 hrs after for the respective tries. (I wanted the last one to be earlier but couldnt factor it in any sooner due to us having to work.)

That month was the lowest amount of shags clocked up - I think the two around ovulation and one or two 'off the clock' so to speak was all.

While having a shag outside of the fertile time is useless in terms of conception, it is nice to try and factor it in as fun time where you and your partner can connect emotionally and physically without the pressure. We found that the week or so after the fertile window we needed a breather for a few days from each other, but after that was for 'us'.

Like you, all tests checked out perfectly for us, everything seemed to be working - I had a small hormonal issue which was rectified early on so wouldnt have been a factor in our failing to concieve, so I was skeptical when the consultant put us on Clomid and OI, but decided to be open minded about it for a few months and I'm happy to say it paid off for me, currently 23 weeks pregnant as a result. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭boodee

thanks, glad it paid off for you. There's hope yet. What type of treatment were you on.

I was on clomid too, it didn't work out tho as we have mfi too. But iwas just givrn a script for it and told to go away and try. I ended up with ovarain cysts and no better off. I went back after 6 months and cons gave me another 6 month script, i took two more months and left it at that.

I guess we should just keep at it so.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

boodee wrote: »
    thanks, glad it paid off for you. There's hope yet. What type of treatment were you on.

I was on clomid too, it didn't work out tho as we have mfi too. But iwas just givrn a script for it and told to go away and try. I ended up with ovarain cysts and no better off. I went back after 6 months and cons gave me another 6 month script, i took two more months and left it at that.

I guess we should just keep at it so.

I was on Ovulation Induction and Timed Intercourse Treatment. I was much more carefully monitored than you were it seems. The amount of women just prescribed Clomid and not scanned is scary - its a powerful medication and every woman responds differently to it.

I started off on 5x50mg, then overstimulated with 3 mature eggs so they cancelled the cycle that month. The following month I took 2x50mg and scans showed 2 mature follicles so they let us go ahead for the trigger shot - that cycle just didnt work. The third one, the meds were the same, and we got 2 mature and one almost mature follicle. We concieved twins but sadly lost one at 8 weeks.

Each time I was scanned twice in my cycle - first at the beginning to ensure no eggs were there (otherwise clomid would have hyperstimulated them) then again around day 12 or so. As many scans as required was included in the price.

After 3 rounds of that, if I hadnt gotten pregnant they intended switching the meds to try something else for 3 months, then onto IUI after that, so I was well informed about the planned timeline of treatments and could research in advance.

Would you try another clinic for answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patrice12

hey i was put on primolut n 3 times a day for 6 days , 3 days after i took my last pill i got a bleed, ive a low reading of progesterone in my body hence irregular periods and not ovulating, im just wondering with taking primolut n could it make me ovulate because of my naturally low progesterone levels? thanks.:)

Advertisement